(Topic ID: 74199)

tech help with Nascar please...

By cosmokramer

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

a recent problem just popped up with my Nascar, if I shoot the ball up the truck ramp when the cars are not spinning the machine will fire the truck ramp coil to push the ball to the ramp and back to the flipper but if the cars are spinning and the ball gets passed them it just sits on the switch until the machine goes into ball search mode. the switch tests fine, its just weird that the machine doesn't read the ball when the cars are spinning only...any ideas?

#2 10 years ago

Does the opto on the ramp test fine too?

#3 10 years ago

yes it does

#4 10 years ago

Bump for morning crowd

#5 10 years ago

The only thing I would figure is that the switch the ball rests on is flaky and the rest is coincidence (cars spinning/not spinning). I would try adjusting the switch and if that didn't work then I'd replace the switch. I can't imagine what else the problem would be...

#6 10 years ago

i'll swap it out this weekend and report back...thanks

1 week later
#7 10 years ago

turns out it was just a touchy switch...thanks for the help

new problem now http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-with-nascar-ball-shoots-out-of-garage-sdtm

7 years later
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

i'll swap it out this weekend and report back...thanks

So I know this was 7 years ago, but I’m having the same issue? Did you switch it out or fix the switch? What’s the easiest was to get back there

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from cgregory22:

So I know this was 7 years ago, but I’m having the same issue? Did you switch it out or fix the switch? What’s the easiest was to get back there

I replaced the switch, its been awhile but I dont remember it being too hard to get to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Boards
PinSound

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-with-nascar-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.