Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200513_220846 (resized).jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
DSC00074.JPG
#1 10 years ago

my nascar shoots the ball out of the garage straight down the middle about 60% of the time...any suggestions to correct that?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

nothing can be done. i ve tried everything, i pulled mine from location bcuz of that not being fair to players.
i readjusted the entire unit under the play field to make it not centered, didn't work.
i added a cushion inside the scoop to slow its eject and throw the ball off its trajectory, didnt work.
tried to make the machine not "perfectly" 'level, didn't work.]
the ball shoots out of the scoop too fast, thats the problem. nothing can be done to alter it bcuz of the speed.
well, i guess you could try a weaker coil, then maybe altering the assembly can change how its ejected.
or make the actual plunger that ejects the ball smaller so it dribbles out of the scoop.
doing anything crazy you are changing how the game is supposed to play thow.

#3 10 years ago

I had the same issue on mine. I did fix it, but it's been about 2 years ago. I'll look at some notes & pop the hood on mine & see if it jogs my memory. I want to say there is an adjustment in the mechanism that can be made. That or I know I replaced the bridge rectifier (Bridge 1 if I recall) for the 50v coils to fix my weak loop accelerator magnets & that may have cured the issue with the car draining down the middle too. It's fixable though.

#4 10 years ago

if there is a confirmed with VIDEO solution id buy another nascar in a heartbeat. i can deal with repairing the track optos, trough optos and several micro switch issues they all had out of the box...but the test car shooting balls stdm is unacceptable. solution must be 100%, not sometimes...like with spiderman doc ock bounce out "fixes"

#5 10 years ago

I got mine to hit on the left flipper. It was also years ago but if i remember correctly i removed all but 1 screw that mounted the garage assembly and moved it. I thought Stern put something out about that problem?

#6 10 years ago

Take the plunger that kicks the ball out and shave the end to a wedge shape.The end of the plunger is made of nylon so this is easy.Don't be shy,the more the better.This will make the ball come out in random directions as the plunger rotates each time it kicks.I have two NASCAR's on location and they work great.

#7 10 years ago

Mine doesn't shoot SDTM, not sure why not, I haven't done anything specific to it to stop it.

#8 10 years ago

Mine used to go SDTM also. I slightly wobbled out the mount holes so I could twist the mechanism to the left. Also, my scoop had a slight wear spot, so I used some clear plastic that is sticky on one side and cut it to cover the wear spot. Now it always hits the left flipper. Nascar is an awesome game once this is fixed!

#9 10 years ago

well, I stand corrected and I'm glad to here of the repairs..i may have to pull the trigger in seeking another

#10 10 years ago

Mine came with a piece of spring steel, from an old ramp I think, shaped to send the ball in the right direction. Works great.DSC00074.JPGDSC00074.JPG

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Mine came with a piece of spring steel, from an old ramp I think, shaped to send the ball in the right direction. Works great.

DSC00074.JPG 337 KB

This looks like a good fix...Im going to try this today and report back

9 months later
#12 9 years ago

Here's a fix that worked 100% for me. I keep a roll of this duct foil handy - it's strong, shiny and sticks really well:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-Tape-1-89-in-x-50-yd-322-Multi-Purpose-HVAC-Foil-Tape-1207792/100030120

I built up a few layers of this foil tape in the upper left side of the scoop. It looks ugly in the pics, but it's almost invisible without the flash and from the player's perspective. And if you're too proud to use duct tape on your pin, you're probably too proud to own NASCAR. I just did 20 trials in coil test mode, and NONE of them went SDTM.

[edit: I will probably redo this tomorrow to make it look nicer]

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

1 week later
#13 9 years ago

just bend the scoop , so it sends the ball a little more left

2 months later
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

just bend the scoop , so it sends the ball a little more left

I'm surprised nobody else mentioned that. I'm afraid to break the scoop, but I might try it. It would look cleaner than my "fix".

#15 9 years ago

try it let me know if it works ,I put a towel doubled up on the scoop and then use vise grips

#16 9 years ago

I took one of the bolts on the back out and all the screws, rotated it left a bit and drilled new holes for the screws leaving the one bolt out. Goes right to the left flipper every time.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I took one of the bolts on the back out and all the screws, rotated it left a bit and drilled new holes for the screws leaving the one bolt out. Goes right to the left flipper every time.

yes maybe there is some wiggle room to move the whole assembly slight to one side ,try loosing the screws and adjust a little bit

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'd love to see a picture of this if you get a chance.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'd love to see a picture of this if you get a chance.

Unfortunately it was a game I was prepping to sell, no longer here.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I got mine to hit on the left flipper. It was also years ago but if i remember correctly i removed all but 1 screw that mounted the garage assembly and moved it. I thought Stern put something out about that problem?

I tried this and the mech was locking up against the PF. Can't believe Stern didn't come up with a solid fix idea for this.

#21 9 years ago

Well, I wanted to try the tape fix, but I didn't have any duct tape. Grrrrrr. So, I took one of the felt floor protectors and cut it into a half inch strip. I then stuck it up on the right side back of the scoop and it worked beautifully. Ball still comes out with plenty of speed and heads to the left flipper 70% of the time. The other 30%, it deflects off the felt protector and randomly heads around the PF, sometime to the right flipper. I tried it about 50 times and it didn't go SDTM a once.

I'll keep playing it over the weekend and report back if it's still working well. Till then, have a great weekend everyone!

8 months later
#22 8 years ago

I am currently using a felt chair foot stick for hardwod floors.
I am considering drilling a hole and inserting a rubber coil stop like the ones I get in flipper rebuild kits for a more long term fix.

4 years later
#23 4 years ago

I 3D printed a shim that has been working quite consistently; though I have only had it installed for a couple weeks. I doesn't interfere with ball entry into the garage but ball exits towards the right flipper / right slingshot every time. I'd post the STL file here but it seems to be blocked...

IMG_20200513_220846 (resized).jpgIMG_20200513_220846 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.