Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mojozone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I am going to try and explain this the best of my ability. On my rollergames, it works 100% until I have 2 balls locked for multiball. Then if my 3rd ball drains it is not recognized as being done. Now this only happens when I have the 2 balls locked for multiball. Otherwise the out hole switch seems to be fine. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this? Thank you.

#2 6 years ago

There is a software setting to retain locked balls between games.

Does it empty out the ball lock when you power cycle the game? If so, the software is set up to retain them. I believe if you let it sit in attract mode long enough, it will eventually empty them out as well.

*Edit* Think I misunderstood, but leaving this is case it's relevant. If not...are the outhole and the ball lock switches on the same row/column? Gotta look at the manual...

#3 6 years ago

Good idea about the switch matrix I will have to get the manual out

#4 6 years ago

Not intimately familiar with the lock mechanism on Rollergames but I would check the switch that detects that the second ball is locked. Since the game is working otherwise, I would rule out the trough. Perhaps the 2nd locked ball is initially detected when it enters but later loses contact with the switch. When you drain ball 3, the game doesn't know where ball 2 is anymore so it assumes it's out on the playfield somewhere and doesn't go to the end of ball sequence.

My BK2K would do this on occasion with a flaky switch on the 2nd ball lock.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from blizzak:

Not intimately familiar with the lock mechanism on Rollergames but I would check the switch that detects that the second ball is locked. Since the game is working otherwise, I would rule out the trough. Perhaps the 2nd locked ball is initially detected when it enters but later loses contact with the switch. When you drain ball 3, the game doesn't know where ball 2 is anymore so it assumes it's out on the playfield somewhere and doesn't go to the end of ball sequence.
My BK2K would do this on occasion with a flaky switch on the 2nd ball lock.

I agree with this. When I got my RG the second switch in the lock mech was having issues. Lock two balls then drop the 3 drop targets to get multi ball ready music. If the multi ball music goes away (2nd ball not reading in lock mech anymore) then that switch is having issues

#6 6 years ago

Good ideas guys. I will check this in a while a report back.

#7 6 years ago

That's the answer! I lifted the plastic and all four screws holding the little board that holds the switches were gone. Nothing holding it in place. If some one could take a picture of their's for me I would appreciate it. I wanted to do some comparison.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside