• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PM_Jeremy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi Guys

Did a clean and wax on the machine and now have run into an issue. The coil on the advance unit seems to lock on and of course gets very hot to the point of creating smoke. Bad!!

I have a scheme for it and it appears that the advance coil is energized through what is indicated in the scheme as the " 1 Pt Re. I am assuming this is the one point relay or switch? I looked in the backbox and found th different relays for the ones tens hundreds and thousands and none are locked in and when the game is powered will advance each reel accordingly.

I think that the one point switches on this game are the roll overs in the center lower portion of the playfield. Confirm?

Anyone out there that could assist possibly?

Thank you all

G

#2 8 years ago

Ok. Looks like then"1 Pt Re" is the one point relay. This would have to be locked in in order for the advance unit coil to energize provided I am reading the scheme correctly which I think I am

#3 8 years ago

Ok. In order for the one point relay to energize, one of three switches needs to close. They are
(4) standup switches
(2) kicker switches
(2) RO button switches

Not sure whhat these would be or where they may be located.

#4 8 years ago

The RO must be the roll overs Duh

#5 8 years ago

So can anyone advise what the 4 stand up switches are and where they might be located as well as the two kicker switches?

#6 8 years ago

Ok guys. Got it. Must be learning how to actually work on these things. Yippee. Do have another question. Any idea what would cause a new coil that was installed to "vibrate". Itvus working fine but the noise of the vibration when energized is maddening

Thanks guys

#7 8 years ago

Weekend bump. Any ideas on the vibrating coil? Working fine. Just noisy like it is not seated correctly. Any thoughts???

Thanks guys

2 weeks later
#8 8 years ago

Wow,that's a bummer, you had to answer your own questions.

I just picked one up and have started a rebuild/refurb thread. Is your machine up and running now?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1966-williams-top-hand-aab-cards-babes-the-old-west
--
Jeremy
Central Wi

#9 8 years ago

Hello Jeremy

Yes. Up and running and working well. If there is anything I can do to assist you please let me know. Add a ball games are fun. Love seeing the ball count count up instead of down

George

#10 8 years ago

Will do, thanks George!
--
Jeremy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-please-w-williams-top-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.