Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by locustgrovepin
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0154.jpg
image.jpg
image-722.jpg
image-986.jpg
image-157.jpg
image.jpg
5211985263303520140816_002645-1.jpg
autolauncher 007.JPG
autolauncher 006.JPG
autolauncher 005.JPG
autolauncher 003.JPG
autolauncher 001.JPG
autolauncher 002.JPG
Ball Launch Diode.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago

I picked up an x-men that had this same problem, and tried a couple different things. At first the extra velcro (I actually used a cabinet door bumper, but same idea) underneath seemed to help a lot, but then it started acting up again. I tried taking it apart and cleaning all the moving pieces, but that actually made it worse, probably because it went together again a bit out of alignment. What finally has seemed to fix it was a combination of two things. First, I made sure that both of the auto-plunger arms were touching the ball when it rests at the bottom of the shooter lane. Second, I tried to adjust the arms to make sure that when the ball rolls down the shooter lane to rest against the auto-plunger it doesn't move the arms around at all. As others have mentioned, there is a bit of play in the bushings, so if things are off center it seems like the ball will cause the arms to go out of alignment. I didn't get this perfect since the arms still shift a very slight bit when the ball hits them, but it seems to be good enough. Hopefully this will help out others who are fighting with this issue.

3 months later
#76 3 years ago

To follow up with my post, adjusting the arms to minimize their movement when the balls hits them AND ensuring that both arms are touching the ball was the key to getting this to work on xmen. It's been working perfectly since I did those two things.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

That's great but how do you adjust the arms?

I used pliers. Bend the arms until they are just right. It took a few small movements but it made a huge difference. Just do it in small steps to make sure you don't make it worse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside