10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Samdalous
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello fellow milwaukee pinballer's,

I'm still very green to the world of pinball repair and I've been trying to learn as much as I can on my own but it's come to the point where I need some help. A certain kind of help, actually. What I'm looking for (and I hope this doesn't sound too strange) is someone that knows how to repair machines and wouldn't mind me accompanying them to learn first-hand the ins and outs of pinball repair. I've done a few things to my Gottlieb Genesis so far (stripped the pf,cleaned and waxed it, put new lights in and installed a new pop bumper coil as well as a few faulty resistors) so I've got a portion of my foot in the door. I really need help with the electrical aspects, testing boards and board components etc. I've realized that the only way I'm going to learn is to get my hands dirty, but I need someone to initially show me how and what to do. Do you have repair jobs around that you could use a hand on? Do you need help cleaning and shopping your pinball? Do you have work that you need done but hate doing personally? I'd be willing to offer my time in exchange for knowledge. I live in Riverwest in Milwaukee and I'd be willing to drive to and fro (depending on how far away you are. I think my max is 30-40 miles away) to accommodate. I haven't felt this passionate about something in a very long time but I'm getting to the point where the pinside forum, youtube and electronics books can only show me so much. I need someone to bounce questions off of. I need someone to be my Obi-wan.

I'm a nice guy in my 30's with a sense of humor and a desire to learn. Hopefully if all goes right I can even make some new friends out there too.

I know this is absolutely crazy but I feel that I have to step out of my social comfort zone here in order to better my understanding. This is not a joke and I will not take this lightly. If you can take a step out of your comfort zone and do something crazy too please PM me. Or call me! 414 three three 6 5 eight two nine

I work in retail so I don't really have any set schedule but I would be willing to work around your schedule and to try and pitch in as much as possible.

Thanks for listening.

josh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-of-sorts-in-milwaukee-wi?tu=Turkey_Robinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.