(Topic ID: 30532)

Tech help: TOTAN Final Update..thanks Clive!

By PBINTHESOUTH

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago

Did you check the audio fuses in your AV board with the DMM? Also, your MM uses the same AV board as the TOTAN. You can swap the TOTAN AV board into the MM (and swap the sound roms) and see if there is sound in MM.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Just learning rules.. how does the shooting ball save work so I can watch for it... went thru an entire game yesterday (no sound) w/o any reset.. even able to put initials on for grand champion.. seen I had changed the batteries out.. not much fun w/o sound.
Also if I were to switch AV boards out.. doesn't switching roms mean soldering? Again I've never even come close to doing any board work.
I'm going to print all of these suggestions out and try the pinwiki suggestions and hopefully fix it..
Thanks for everyone's help and I'll report back, hopefully very soon.

The pinwiki suggestions aren't going to be very helpful when the machine is not resetting. So for now debug the sound issue. Swapping Rom chips just requires popping them out carefully with a flat blade screw driver. Be careful to not bend the pins or put them in backwards or mix up the order. Did you check the fuses yet with a meter?

1 week later
#22 11 years ago

I would still swap the av board around with MM if it were me. the guy that talked you through the dmm work could talk you through the av board and rom swap. As long as the roms all go into the same sockets you pull them out of and in the same orientation, there should be nothing to worry about. I guess I'd try the Totan av board in the mm with the mm roms first. I swap boards often to narrow down issues. For me it's way faster than metering every schematic. Once the problematic board is found, then it's time to tear into the schematics.

Anyways, I wouldn't send the av boards off for repair without that test. If it works great in MM then it's fine. It could even be your roms.

#31 11 years ago

Burn marks don't necessarily mean anything. Did you keep the roms and label them? A new rottendog board won't do anything without the rom chips. Without doing the tests, you may have sent your board off for nothing. . That was the purpose of all the tests I kept trying to get you to run.

1 week later
#37 11 years ago

Awesome. Please update the thread after you install the board back into the system.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 119.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-new-totan-not-acting-right?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.