Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Kickout
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0812 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0813 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kickout.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I need some tech help on a United Cherokee Shuffle Alley. I have everything working except the lane rollover switches. Been over and over checking switches, connections, you name it. I'm located 30 mins north of Baltimore just a few miles off I-95 north. If you are in the area and would like to come by and see if you can help, I would real appreciate it.

Thanks
    Kickout

#3 7 years ago

Dr_of_Style, yes I have the schematics.
    So far I've cleaned and adjusted switches.
    Cleaned steppers.
    The game now will start, credit button restarts game and adds players as it should.
    Game select button works.
    Score reels all reset to zero.
    Frame 1 energizes
    Player 1 up energizes
    Pins drop down and set.
    That's where it stops, slide the puck nothing.
    I've traced wires from lane switches, nothing.

#5 7 years ago

Here are snippet from the schematics.

1st photo show Roll Over Switch Control Re. Closing on startup as 2nd Ball Re. And #1 Re close. Is this correct?

2nd photo shows lane switches.

IMG_0813 (resized).JPGIMG_0813 (resized).JPG

IMG_0812 (resized).JPGIMG_0812 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

I will try that in the morning. Checking things earlier today it looks like you are on to the problem. I noticed it looks like the R.O. Switch Control relays is not firing. And if I am again reading the schematics right, unless this Relay fires the Roll Over switches will not work. Thanks for your input.

#8 7 years ago

Dr_of_Style

I jumped switches 2nd Ball "B" relay and #1 relay and R.O. SWS Control relay energized.
    The score motor 1st POS switch stops short of thr notch. If I trip the 1st switch on the "O" POS the scroce disc will cycle to the RO - Y position. Still no Roll Over switches working. I can send a pic of the score motor in the various positions if that will help.

#9 7 years ago

Dr_of_Style

The score motor relay does not energize. There is the correct voltage to the lugs. This will not allow the Rollover Motor Relay to energize. Will attempt to trace the wires from the score motor. Does this sound like it could be the problem?

#11 7 years ago

If I put a jumper on the #1 relay the R.O. Control Relay energizes right away.
    Allow score motor to run , armature pulls out towards gears, armature pulls in away from gears when score motor stops.
    The Score Motor Relay energizes on start up.
    The Roll Over Motor Relay energizes on startup.
    The Rear Roll Over Relay does not energize.
    Does this help?

#13 7 years ago

I am off tomorrow so I will give this a try, and let you know what happens.
    Thanks

#14 7 years ago

Ok, I jumped the Roll Over Motor Relay and right away the #3 Relay trips. I don't see where that Relay would connect to the score motor relay. Here are pic of relays, also the #3 relay tripped.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Looking at the schematic #3 relay should trip when playfield switches "B" and/or "E" are rolled over. I will take a closer look at these.

#17 7 years ago

Here is a link to the schematics. Yes, I did tighten the switch stack screws, also clean and adjusted contacts.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-arcade/1977cherokeeschematic.pdf

#19 7 years ago

Puck raises pins 1&2 as it rolls over the two switches. Score motor does not move. I cam manually trip the score motor and it will move to position 1. Before I go any further Is this the correct movement?

#22 7 years ago

Ok let me clarify what happens. Following Dr_of_Style comments from post 18, Coin chute adjusted to "B". Relay # 1 closed when either of 1st two pins hit. All voltages at 50. Pin rollovers worked. Played 10 frames, shut game down. Restarted game again startup process completed, shoot puck, roll overs do not activate. Going crazy! Have to thank everyone for their help. Hoping someone can help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kickout.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-needed-1?tu=Kickout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.