1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by westofrome
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Looking to troubleshoot the backbox controlled lamps in Meteor. All other game controlled lamps work fine, but not the five backbox ones (Tilt, Shoot Again, Game Over, High Score to Date, Match). They do not light at all in controlled lamp test. All the backbox GI works fine.

I have tested the controlled lamp bulbs and they all work in other backbox GI sockets.

When I jump the SCRs to ground, I get the following behavior:
    When jumping any of the SCRs except for the Shoot Again one, BOTH the jumped lamp and Shoot Again light very dimly. If I pull one of the lamps, the other goes out entirely. When I jump the Shoot Again SCR, nothing happens. I replaced a SCR (actually MCR, Q33, for Game Over) but got the same behavior.

I began testing continuity from the tab to the connector, started with Tilt, and got successful continuity. So something is off with the circuit.

There are some wire hacks I note below in the picture. The Shoot Again, Match, and Game over wires were all cut at some point and then twisted/soldered back together - but I confirmed they are the correct wire color matches. I will fix this with shrink tube but this doesn't appear to be the source of the problem.

I located two other cut wires - one blue and one yellow, noted below, but no obvious loose end to match them with.

Thanks for any help!

pasted_image (resized).png
    #2 1 year ago

On your rectifier board, J3-6 should be a blue wire. This is what powers the feature lamps on the back board insert. It should daisy chain from one to the next on one side of the lamp sockets with the individual different colored wires on the other. Check for power at each one in lamp test mode.

Shawn

#3 1 year ago

Oh, and I would start where the insert plugs into the main harness. Lots of potential for trouble there.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks! I resoldered the blue wire to the chain and all the controlled lamps work properly now.

Dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.00
    $ 19.95
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
    $ 30.40
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 75.00
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside