Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by FatPanda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crashpad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I noticed the left sling on my Mr & Mrs Pac-man was sagging awhile ago. When I took a look under the playfield, one of the screws holding it into the playfield had come lose over time.

When the mechanism sagged, it broke two wires that connect the switches on either side of the sling. At this point, the sling wasn't working because (guessing here) the switches weren't connected.

At the time, I figured I could just play the machine with a broken left sling, and then all of a sudden, the sling began to rapidly fire. I turned the game off to interrupt it/stop it. It would only happen periodically though.

I'd mistakenly thought that because the switch wires were broken off that no power was being delivered to the coil.

Question - is the rapid-fire sling coil due to a bad coil/solenoid or something else?

If it *is* the coil, will replacing with a new one from Marco (or wherever) resolve the issue?

#4 2 years ago

That makes sense - if the coil were bad, it wouldn't fire at all. I will check the switch adjustment. Thanks poppapin!

#7 2 years ago

Will do - i will look at it either Friday or Saturday and keep you posted

#8 2 years ago

Just took a look at the left sling switches, and tried adjusting, but I must have missed this before – it isn't firing at all when the switch is closed from the rubber pushing the contact together.

Not sure where to go from here because I'd thought I'd repaired the broken wiring correctly.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

#11 2 years ago

LTG – yes, the right side is working; thanks

BigAl56 – I can remove the capacitor on the switch – how do I determine what to replace it with and where to buy (new to fixing part of hobby) / could I get locally, like Fry's Electronics or a Radio Shack (not sure if we even have any here in Arizona, but will check); thanks

#13 2 years ago

FatPanda – yes, I did correct the broken wires (at least I removed the broken, then soldered two new pieces of wire on the switches). If I cut one side of the cap that will tell me if it will work?

Thanks for the cap info

#15 2 years ago

Thanks LTG – I will try that next

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crashpad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside