(Topic ID: 31655)

Tech Help: GOTTLIEB HOT SHOTS - Rubber on playfield at spinning motor?

By shacklersrevenge

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gott_Lieb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00605.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Just picked up a Hot Shots and can't find a decent picture of the upper playfield where that spinning motor is- Is there suppose to be rubber on those two spinning wheels that helps advance the ball? Mine has none, and doesn't seem to do much when the ball passes through there

DSC00605.JPGDSC00605.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Yes - it is supposed to have two big rubber wheels on there. I believe PBR might have them. We ordered a set several years ago.

Neat game.. Only one I know where you can with 10 free games by hitting all the drop targets on one side without hitting any on the other side! Its different hearing 10 replays in a row - you think something has got squirrly with the machine!

1 year later
#3 10 years ago

Steve Young has them. They were about $20 shipped. A little steep, but hey...supply and demand!

4 years later
#4 5 years ago

i got a set of those rubbers as mine were missing as well and the inside circumference is way way smaller than the posts they go on. these things are as hard as hockey pucks and wont stretch either. did steve send the wrong ones or is there a magic way to put them on. i gave him the correct part number.

#5 5 years ago

Thats how they are designed.

They were VERY VERY difficult to install but I did eventually get them on. Take it all apart, throw the spindles in a vise and have at it! A little heat on the rubber will make it pliable. But don't overdo the heat!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i got a set of those rubbers as mine were missing as well and the inside circumference is way way smaller than the posts they go on. these things are as hard as hockey pucks and wont stretch either. did steve send the wrong ones or is there a magic way to put them on. i gave him the correct part number.

Another option is to use old brown rebound rubbers. I did this years ago, and it worked great. A buddy has the machine now. I'll have to ask him if the rubbers are holding up.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.pinball/o_uNQz1ybMQ/xHt4ND5icCAJ;context-place=searchin/rec.games.pinball/hot$20shots%7Csort:date

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-hot-shots-rubber-on-playfield-at-spinning-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.