• Latest reply 7 years ago by FrostyMug
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

My Avatar pinball will occasionally end the ball in the middle of play when there hasn't been a drain. This only happens once in a while, but if it happens once, it often happens again shortly thereafter. This is my first machine and I know almost nothing about the tech/repair side of things yet...Anybody have an idea of what might be going on in the machine to cause this or what a possible fix might entail?

#2 8 years ago

Usually it's an opto, in the trough, maybe

#3 8 years ago

The end of you ball trough there are two small opto boards. Reseat the connectors will usually help for awhile.

When the problem comes back. Remove them. Remove the old solder from the optos and pins the connector plugs onto. Flow on new solder. Put them back in your game.

LTG : )™

#4 8 years ago

Open your coin door. Go to this connector on the right hand side. Pull it out and put it back in again. While you're there, do the one on the opposite side of the trough for good measure. It's usually this front one though.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the fast responses! You guys are awesome. Losing my ball unjustly with only a few shots to go for Final Battle was definitely a feeling I hope never to repeat...

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Wow, thanks for all the fast responses! You guys are awesome. Losing my ball unjustly with only a few shots to go for Final Battle was definitely a feeling I hope never to repeat...

The first time this ever happened to me I had JUST got to Battle Royale on SM.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The first time this ever happened to me I had JUST got to Battle Royale on SM.

Ughhhh. I guess I really should blame myself for letting it happen four or five times to me in basically irrelevant situations before getting truly sheistering and actually bothering to fix it...

1 year later
#8 7 years ago

Did any of the tips work? This is happening on my Pinball Magic lately. Flippers go dead, just like a ball drain yet the ball is still on the playfield.

#9 7 years ago

Yep - I found the plug for the opto switch at the trough and pulled it out and pushed it back in again really snugly, and haven't had a problem since, probably with another 500 plays at least. Very easy fix for me. With an older game, you may need to actually replace the switch itself, not sure.

#10 7 years ago

Hey ty friend for that quick response! I will try that with mine and if nogo, will move on to replacing the switch.

Have a great night!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-game-ends-ball-without-a-drain-modern-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.