4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cserold
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

Never seen anything like this. Iron Maiden LE. Left bottom flipper fires when testing left flipper switch (in test mode) and also fires when testing left flipper coil (in test mode). However; in game play the left bottom flipper doesn’t fire but the top left flipper does. What the?!?!! Any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

Bump. Thanks guys!

#3 4 years ago

Corrupt code maybe?

#4 4 years ago

Is this one of the games with the weird staged flipper switches? I feel like I remember someone talking about Stern trying to use some different setup where one of the switches was NC or something?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is this one of the games with the weird staged flipper switches? I feel like I remember someone talking about Stern trying to use some different setup where one of the switches was NC or something?

It’s a double flipper switch that controls both the top left and bottom left flippers. When In switch test code both the upper and lower flipper switches register when pushing the left flipper button AND both flippers actually correctly fire in test mode. Then you start a game and the bottom left flipper doesn’t fire but top left does (when hitting left flipper button of course).

I’m so confused.

#6 4 years ago

What about flipper strength setting. Worth checking its not 0 by some strange chance, then i would reload code to rule it out.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

What about flipper strength setting. Worth checking its not 0 by some strange chance, then i would reload code to rule it out.

Thanks! Will check that.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Actually don’t recall an ability to edit individual coil strength on stern games. Where is this in the menu?

#9 4 years ago

Hey guys. Looks like the issue was occurring when the playfield is down only. When I lift playfield both flippers fire (which is why it was only working when testing because I had playfield raised). Something was probably getting shorted when playfield was lowered (or maybe maybe switch was getting closed). Anyhow, it’s working now.

Thanks!
Craig

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-flipper-functions-in-all-tests-but-not-in-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.