(Topic ID: 34254)

Tech Help: Data East MNF Rom's 1 & 2 Not Working (Voice)

By nvu4prod

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dobo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nvu4prod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday week!

Turned on my MNF this morning and Al Michaels did not welcome me to "MNF in Chicago". Grabbed my manual and went into sound diagnostics. Left, center and right sine tested fine along with the sound rom (music). However, the voice test for rom's 1 & 2 did not register. Tried a factory reset as well, with no change. Looked back into the backbox to see if there were any visual signs at the sound board and CPU, all components, ribbon cables, connectors and roms look clean with no sign of fatigue. Everything is working properly when turning on MNF except for the voices.

My guess is it's unlikely that two separate rom's would fail at the same time which would suggest a component failure on either the sound board or CPU.

Any suggestions that I might be able to troubleshoot further would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the reply's LTG, Viperrwk and Snyper2099. I've reseated everything... Rom's. ribbon cable, and connectors from sound board and CPU with no change in operation. Above my head to solve this one, so the boards have been removed w/ribbon cable and are being sent of to good old Rob Anthony for diagnostic and repair. I will post an update after hearing from Rob. Thanks again!

1 month later
#7 11 years ago

Yes, quick update on my MNF fix. Sent both the MNF CPU & Sound card to Rob Anthony for inspection.
He discovered the CPU was fine but the sound card had failed. He had a working replacement Sound Card for MNF on hand so I swapped the bad card for the good. Rob gave me the opportunity to either replace or have him service mine, so I can't tell you exactly what failed, however the rom chips were good. Good luck with your Swords of Fury!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nvu4prod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-data-east-mnf-roms-1-2-not-working-voice?tu=nvu4prod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.