Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

021.JPG
024.JPG
023.JPG
022.JPG
#1 9 years ago

My Playboy 35th Anniversary works perfectly except for one little bug...

The game always wants to go into "Instant Info" as if I were holding the flippers in.

I figured this may be because the contacts were too close together. That's not the case. I widened the gap to the point you can't even make contact when the flippers are closed.

I cleaned them with windex, gave them a quick run through with sandpaper...Same deal.

The flippers won't randomly engage nor will the lane changing go off unless I hit the flippers. Just the instant info.

Should I just replace everything?

Also, what is the diode on this flipper? Never saw one that large, was wondering if these are different from other diodes (I have others in stock if I need to replace).

Here are some pics...any info would be appreciated.

022.JPG022.JPG023.JPG023.JPG024.JPG024.JPG021.JPG021.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Odd problem. It would have to do with the second switch on the stack. And that is not a diode, it is a capacitor.

#3 9 years ago

My bad on the Capacitor/Diode mixup. Thanks.

I know its the second switch but really no clue why it's going off non-stop.

Not a board issue either...I've had 2 seperate MPUs in there and each one does the same thing.

#4 9 years ago

Use a meter and check if the capacitor on either flipper switch is shorted. Also, if you put the game into diagnostics, does it show any of the flipper switches closed without pressing a flipper button?

#5 9 years ago

Diagnostics check out.

What sort of reading should I expect from the capacitor? I'm getting better with my electronics and using the DMM but still far from a pro. Thanks.

#6 9 years ago

With power off I would expect a high resistance that should change the longer you hold the leads on it. If you have continuity(dead short) then the cap is bad.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks, will check tomorrow and update.

#8 9 years ago

Appears the capacitors are bad...ordered some new and hopefully that will be the fix...will update when installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-data-east-always-cycling-into-instant-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.