1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by crashpad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crashpad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hello,

I am back to trying to get my Mata Hari working – it has had a flipper issue since I got it – flippers are dead – and since I am learning about board repair, had been planning on going what I perceive as the easier route for now to get it playing again.

Fellow Pinsider patrickvc here helped me isolate it to the Solenoid Driver Board because we swapped an Alltek I have in my Mr & Mrs Pacman and the flippers worked after trying that.

But now the game won't boot or intermittently boots, so I swapped in the Ultimate MPU Bally/Stern Replacement board, cleared the memory, changed the game to MH.

Everything fired up and tests fine.

But there is a nagging buzzing sound at all times.

As a newbie to all this, and only intermittently trying stuff here and there myself, what would I need to try and look at to determine what this is or if it's okay to operate the game like this?

I was planning on buying another Ultimate MPU board and SDB board from Alltek, but if something else needs repaired first, I don't want to blow something up by operating it with this condition if I shouldn't.

I appreciate everyone's help here.

Thanks!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Fist step in diagnosing this is determining where the buzzing noise is coming from.

Thanks Quench – I will try to isolate where it is coming from and report back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crashpad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside