(Topic ID: 180600)

Tech Help

By EssyatSeattle

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Recently I bought two Bingos, Big Time by Bally and Cabana by United, they both only work partially, not knowing anything about EM machines, I looked at all the helpful sites and tried to buy repair DVDs, I ordered Alen Marriage's Service DVDs but I cannot find Richard Gerlitz DVD set it seems it is all sold out on ebay. Anyone can help me locate a set? Also do anyone knows who I can reach out to in Seattle for help to get my machines going again?

#2 7 years ago

Try sending bingopodcast a PM. Nick knows all things bingo.

#3 7 years ago

I've seen Alan's DVDs, and while there's some general info in there that will help you, there's a lot in there that wouldn't apply. I do think they are pretty good, though.

I hear great things about Richard Gerlitz's DVDs, but haven't seen them myself. It appears that he is in the middle of a transition to his website.

Each of those games are fairly different, and your best bet for fixing them is going to be to 'divide and conquer'.

Start with the Big Time. What's it do? When the machine is turned on, if there are credits on the meter, they will zero out.

If the machine has no credits, it is ready to accept a coin. Hitting the coin switch in this state should open the shutter motor, dump the balls, set the odds to the first position and lift the first ball. Additional coin switch hits may grant an increase in odds or feature awards.

If that's not happening, then we need to troubleshoot the startup sequence. If that's happening and the game never ends or always shoots 5 balls but never scores or otherwise malfunctions during play, there's a different set of steps to take.

One bite at a time, and you'll have the whole thing polished off in no time.

We'll come back to Cabana once Big Time is done - unless you want to start with Cabana. Up to you.

#4 7 years ago

Unfortunately, I'm on the opposite coast, but I'm more than happy to help here or via email, if I can.

#5 7 years ago

I got hold of richard gerlitz and have modified the bingovideos.cdyn.com site to provide a way to contact richard without directly listing his email address (which generally causes spamming issues).

check out his video page on the site and use the comment form to let me know if it's not working for you. It may change a bit depending on feedback from richard.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from EssyatSeattle:

Also do anyone knows who I can reach out to in Seattle for help to get my machines going again?

Gary Conway is a lifetime collector and seller of bingos, and a great guy. He is in Bremerton. If you want someone to come to you to repair a game, I would consider him. Find his contact information here:

https://bingo.cdyn.com/market/resources.html

#7 7 years ago

And Nick and baldtwit are like having dynamite in one hand and TNT in the other, with a lit cigar in your mouth - incredibly powerful online information to help you along.

#8 7 years ago

Dammit, I gotta get my Showtime into the shop @ home.... I got a Bingo itch.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks you all for your help, i am impressed with such a close net family of pinsiders. I will reach out to Gary since he is about 40 miles from me. I sent my email to Richard asking for his DVD set. In the next few days i will outline what each of my machines do or don't and report back to seek further help with trouble shooting. By mistake i posted Showtime where i have a bigshow.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.