(Topic ID: 37475)

TECH: Hearts and spades only starts with 2 balls occasionally (add a ball)

By pinballplusMN

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

hello, Thanks for the help in advance! I have a client in which when the game starts only puts up a 1 or 2 ball game instead of 3 . The problem is intermittent. Wondering where I can look ? I am a ss guy normally so these are a new venture for me . Thanks in advance! JR

#3 11 years ago

If the machine has been sitting for a while, start by exercising the ball count unit. There are two coils on this unit, one is the step up coil the other reset. Press the coils a few time to work the unit. If the unit seem to be sluggish it will need to be cleaned.

1 week later
#4 11 years ago

I had an AAB that would start the game with 6 balls instead of 5. The problem was that the rivet on the ball count stepper at the 4 ball position was fouled and wasn't making good connection with the shoe. While not exactly the same problem, it may help get you in the right direction.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Check your contacts.

Info and photos> http://www.

Quoted from Chrisbee:

If the machine has been sitting for a while, start by exercising the ball count unit. There are two coils on this unit, one is the step up coil the other reset. Press the coils a few time to work the unit. If the unit seem to be sluggish it will need to be cleaned.

Good advice. I would clean rivets/shoes, make sure any/all Springs have proper tension, and make sure the unit is stepping up and resetting without anything binding up.

Ken

1 week later
#6 11 years ago

Hello, Thanks for the help. leaning the unit seemed to help greatly . It still does it Once is 12-15 starts . Wondering if anything else could be the issue? When it does hiccup I notice that it seems the stepper solenoid doesnt seem to pulse enough to make the stepper move into the 4th position . Hard issue to track ... The game is set to free vend where the client just has to press the coin return (closes coin sw) to work> Not sure if this could be an issue ( too long of pulse etc??) thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-hearts-and-spades-only-starts-with-2-balls-occasionally-add-a-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.