Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180429_144957 (resized).jpg
20180429_144946 (resized).jpg
20180422_103651 (resized).jpg
20180422_103641 (resized).jpg
20180422_103630 (resized).jpg
20180422_103625 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yeah, I wonder if I'm supposed to cut the wire attached to the 220v lug and just put it on the 12v one instead (while removing all the other jumpers connecting the lugs)
No idea what to do on the backside.

Hope you meant 125V not 12V

Do you have schematic? It should be straightforward, move the two 220v wires to the 125v lugs. I don't think you need to disconnect everything else connected to lugs or the backside.

BOTH transformers should have the 220v going to them on one side. . each provide a separate set of lower voltage on the other side to various parts of the machine. Both transformers will need to have the wire on the 220v lugs moved to the 125v lugs.

But....

To be safe I'd pull all the bottom board fuses and pull any connectors that aren't fused on the schematic... power board connectors A2J1, etc... and measure all the AC voltages on the other side of the transformers.

Let us know if you don't have the schematics. It's not that complicated if you see the diagram.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yeah, I saw that, but it didn't match what i was looking at on my end.
Like, my lugs are all labeled differently.

There's a diagram on the schematic on how to hook up the 130v transformer (North America) to handle 220v. The other thread looks like how to rewire it back to 120v... your transformers look like they were made specifically for 220V (different part number on it). Makes it easier for you. No series connections to worry about. Just connect to 125V instead of 220v.

You may find the voltages on the other side a little low though since you're only providing 120v instead of 125V... maybe not.

#8 5 years ago

Google your transformer part numbers C-19555 and C-19551... maybe other forums or sites with details on them.

#10 5 years ago

pdf of Gottlieb Amazing Spiderman user manual can be found here:

http://www.gametronik.com/site/fiche/pinmame/Spiderman/

It is the North American version so transformer page won’t reflect exactoy what you have now.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

What's on the back-side lugs....just output voltages?

Yes those are all the secondary side lower voltages. On one transformer those show specific voltages and on the other transformer they are lug numbers which you can see on the schematic.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Like, there's more of a danger taking a US game that is ready for 120v...and trying to run 220v through it. (When it is the other way around, I would assume that the game doesn't get enough juice, and just doesn't get anywhere).

I believe so. I’d expect that if you just plugged it in now, since your primary voltage is almost half (120 vs 220) that you would get only about half on the secondary sides... 5v would only be 2.5ish, 12v would be 6ish. Wouldn’t recommend it because I’m not sure how lower voltages may affect the boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-gottlieb-spiderman-transformer-wiring?tu=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.