You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25AED734-681A-4CC6-96CB-D56A24C1CCFA (resized).jpeg
888205BB-598E-46CE-B534-D9D7F72805C4 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
I am trying to help a friend with a basket case Hollywood Heat Game. The Wiring was a mess when I got it (too many homebrew fixes) so now I am trying to go part by part to get this thing working.

To be upfront I know just enough about electronics to likely get myself in trouble but I really want to get this game working for my buddy.

I am not getting any voltage to the power board. I checked all of the fuses and replaced F2 which was blown. Now when I turn the game on I get the GI lights but nothing else.

How do I test the transformer? What readings should I be getting at each lug? I figured I would start there and work my way to the head. If someone has any other suggestions I am definitely open to suggestions.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you
Jamie

#2 2 years ago

Generally if the transformer isn't melted or burned it's ok and it's not a common failure on these system 80bs.
Do you have schematics? That is going to be crucial. For the most part you can test the voltages at the fuses. But you need to know which are ac and which are dc. Once you have that figured out make sure to check the voltage on both sides of the fuse clip and tarnished and loose clips can reduce voltage.

#3 2 years ago

So specifically where would the test points be to check that the correct voltages are coming out of the fuse block? Sorry for the stupid questions but my understanding of AC current is lacking in a pinball setting

25AED734-681A-4CC6-96CB-D56A24C1CCFA (resized).jpeg25AED734-681A-4CC6-96CB-D56A24C1CCFA (resized).jpeg888205BB-598E-46CE-B534-D9D7F72805C4 (resized).jpeg888205BB-598E-46CE-B534-D9D7F72805C4 (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

So specifically where would the test points be to check that the correct voltages are coming out of the fuse block? Sorry for the stupid questions but my understanding of AC current is lacking in a pinball setting
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is why you need the schematic. For the DC fuses you can do fuse clip and ground. For AC you need to go back to the terminal on the transformer and then to the fuse clip

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-gottlieb-hollywood-heat-power-and-other-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.