(Topic ID: 253246)

TECH GB Premium not registering right loop shots

By jamieflowers

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey everyone. Since the new code update I have started playing my GB Premium again! The issue is however that the right loop does not start modes or register shots as it should. If I shoot the right orbit the river of slime will register and the ecto goggles will interact so it seems like the opto is working. That switch also registers in test mode. Can someone tell me which switch is the one that activates the modes or arrow shots please?

#3 4 years ago

Was it working fine before the code update? If so, it's safe to assume that it's something in the code that changed. I'm pretty sure the new code now requires you to complete the full orbit and hit both switches in order to get credit for the shot. For example, a backhand shot to the right orbit usually doesn't go all the way around. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

If you were having the same problem before the update, it's likely the mylar in the right orbit that is causing the ball to "hop" over the switch. Removing the mylar will likely fix the issue.

#4 4 years ago

Just following up to see if you figured out what the problem was.

3 years later
#5 6 months ago

Can I bump this to the top as I just picked up a GB premium and am having the same exact issue as the original post. All switches/optos test good in the test mode, but even if I complete the full loop, it’s 50/50 if it will start the mode.

#6 6 months ago

Just thought I’d bump this to the top in case anyone else has this issue.
On GB code 1.17 you need to complete the right orbit to start a mode (when it’s blinking to start).
The switch on the right orbit sends the post up to hold the ball as it makes the loop from right to left. The switch on the left side close to the up post lets the machine know you made the orbit and will start the mode. My switch close to the up post was flaky at this spot so it would stop the ball with the up post but wouldn’t register that the ball had made the loop and wouldn’t start the mode.
Sorry for the long explanation and for something that seemed so easy.
Keep flipping!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-gb-premium-not-registering-right-loop-shots- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.