10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-897.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey guys. I have a gameplan Sharp Shooter 2 that I am working on. Game works well. Its on 5 ball right now and I chose the correct dip switch to change it to 3 ball but it is not doing anything. Any suggestions?

image-897.jpgimage-897.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Did you change it with the game off? Are you sure it was the correct dip switch? Need to start with the easily overlooked stuff first.

Jason

#3 10 years ago

Yah the game was off, I have cycled it a few times since i switched it. And yes I am sure its the correct one. If i memory serves me correctly, the manual says its dip 28 to "off" for 3 ball. I am not sure if the dip is bad, but I plan on testing it when I get home.

#4 10 years ago

I had a similar issue with a Classic Stern game that I recently restored. It was stuck on 5-ball mode.
Try rocking that dip switch back and forth a few times to make sure it's clean.
I ended up replacing the dip bank and that solved my problem.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah - definitely check that DIP switch as it could be stuck on not giving you three ball. It's also possible (though unlikely) you could have an issue with the 74154 at U14 as the switches are tied to it, but if this were the case you'd be seeing other problems as well.

Don't forget to check the diode that goes with that switch as well.

viperrwk

#6 10 years ago

Yah I will figure it out tonight. I may just have to remove the leg for the time being just to simulate an "Off" state.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-gameplan-sharp-shooter-2-will-not-go-on-3-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.