• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1088[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Going through first Game Plan machine so bear with me! Helping a lady out with some of her games and one is the Coney Island machine and have a few issues "out of the gate" (I just started to look at this):

1.When I first turn it on I notice that in attract mode the displays are scattered BUT when I play a game the displays are fine!
2. I noticed the top (right) pop bumper and kickout hole don't work during game play will fire when in test mode. I checked the switches under the pf and both are making good contact. Fuses all in working order!
3. I also notice that some of the switches aren't registering!

Overall the game doesn't look bad at all, especially since it has been sitting for 25+ years. The original battery is still on the board, I will change that, but the board doesn't appear to have a lot of acid damage! I don't have a manual!

Appreciate any input (dummies version if you would please)!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Changing the battery should fix your display issues. Sounds like the pop bumper and kickout are also related to your switches not registering. When you close the switches they should score even if they don't fire. Probably need to obtain a manual and see if the non-working switches share a common row or column in the matrix and then look for a bad connector pin.

Quoted from RonSS:

I have a sharpshooter matrix I can send your way tomorrow night if it will help. You can also find it online I believe.
Edit: I don't think game plan used a matrix, I have Al's Garage Band. I'll see what I have tomorrow though.
Not that you'd want to, but replacing the connectors would probably do wonders.

Thank you both for the info and giving me a place (places) to start! I hope to get time to look at it tomorrow!

2 weeks later
#6 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

How are you making out?
I'm troubleshooting mine right now.
Here's some more help:
http://www.pinrepair.com/gp/index.htm

Unfortunately I have been out of town for two weeks so havent worked on it. Plan to work on it this weekend! More to come!!

2 months later
#7 5 years ago

Alright back at it with this machine! Sent out the MPU to Clive and just received it back! So time to clean this thing up. Possibly looking for a few parts. . . anywhere to get coil stops for the flippers as well as the "shoes" (these are the metal housing to the flippers)? Wouldn't mind looking into decals for the targets but not a big ordeal as they ones on there arent too bad!

IMG_1088[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1088[1] (resized).JPG

5 months later
#8 5 years ago

All issues have been resolved with the machine. New battery fixed the display issues. I sent all the boards to Clive and had them serviced. Lastly, had several of the pins in the connectors replaced.

Machine is now up for sale if anyone is interested.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale is an Old Coney Island Pinball machine. The game has been gone through with the entire top of the playfield being stripped down and all parts, including the playfield i...”
2019-01-09
Santa Barbara, CA
1,100 (Firm)
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 1673 times
Contributed to Pinside

Thanks to those that helped!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

You may want to reach out to this pinsider, i noticed they have a want ad for Coney: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70389

Thanks for the lead. I sent him a PM

#11 5 years ago

Bump

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-game-plan-coney-island-issues?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.