(Topic ID: 237518)

Tech: Fixing modern Stern LED Panels (Stuck Lines)

By wxforecaster

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by stangbat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-stern-dmd-8x8-block-for-acdc-display

I haven't bought any of the blocks I linked to, but I plan on doing so (see Post 34). I'll report back in the other thread once I do and on how they look. Has been low in the priority list lately.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Eric, I'm not sure those work?? Aren't those common cathode? http://www.ledist-opto.com/matrix.htm
    The original part number is LA-078811SE1WB which is a 0.7" 8x8, Re at 643nm, 2 Iv, common anode with black face.

You're probably right. Marco sells ones reported to be common cathode. That's where I got that info. But I see others say common anode, and the part number you gave matches up with CA. Have you found any CA blocks for sale?

#10 2 years ago

If you do some searching using "1.9mm 8x8 common anode" you'll find a few results on eBay and other sites. I guess we need to order and see what works and looks right. If you are going to order, let me know what you get and I might order from a different vendor so that we can compare how they work and if they match.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

I think SZ410788K is very close and worthy of testing

I ordered 5 (I need 3). <$10 shipped so what the heck, may as well give it a try.

I wonder if the intensity is more of a concern than the wavelength. They are behind a red piece of Plexiglass on the game anyway, which probably filters it down to a certain wavelength range anyway.

I'll update on how they look and work.

1 week later
    #14 2 years ago

Update on the blocks I ordered off eBay. It appears that they send common cathode blocks despite the description stating they were common anode.

The blocks that were sent are marked with "788AS". If you search for "1.9mm 788AS" the results you get are for common cathode parts.

I've contacted the seller to see if they can send the right part. If not, I guess I'll just get a refund for not as described.

Edit: Got a reply from the seller. They said it was a shipping mistake and that they'd send the correct common anode parts.

2 weeks later
    #15 2 years ago

The replacement blocks were also common cathode. I give up and I'll get a refund. I'll use one of the displays I have as a donor. Not worth messing with this anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside