View topic image gallery

IMG_5710[1].JPG
IMG_5708[1].JPG
Help.jpg
Help.jpg
Help.jpg
IMAG0580.jpg
IMAG0578.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintoxicated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Guys,

I have a Fireball Classic that has very dim GI. All the lamps work, they are just very dull. New globes were installed not too long ago.

Any ideas where I should start looking please? I have replaced the BR's the other day which has sorted out the resetting issue it had. I have also rebuilt the solenoid driver board HV and 5V sections as per the Pinrepair guides.

Thanks.

#4 11 years ago

There is only 2VDC at the sockets.

The only thing I haven't really replaced on the power supply board is the resistor and 004 diodes. I haven't touched the connectors either. They look in pretty good shape although I know that doesn't really mean anything.

IMAG0578.jpgIMAG0578.jpg IMAG0580.jpgIMAG0580.jpg

#13 11 years ago

Thanks guys.

So I will remove the two additional BRs and see how it goes from there. This was how I bought the machine i.e. with those extra BRs. I didn't question them thinking that they must just be some funky mod to make the board more robust or something like that.

I will also check the jumpers for the line voltage as well - I needed a diagram of that so thanks again to everyone. I will have a tinker later on and report back.

#14 11 years ago

All fixed thanks guys.

i removed the extra BRs and as you can see in the pics, whoever installed them has ruined an otherwise nice board. I jumpered the gap and the GI is shining nice and bright.

Thanks for making a great machine that little bit better.

IMG_5708[1].JPGIMG_5708[1].JPG IMG_5710[1].JPGIMG_5710[1].JPG

#16 11 years ago

Who knows. The only thing I can think of is that with the GI being normal again, the fade in the backglass is much more evident.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintoxicated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-fireball-classic-gi-very-dim?tu=Pintoxicated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.