• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bracket_Assembly_FH_Trap_Door.jpg
Lift_Crank_Assembly_FH_Trap_Door.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Searched both Pinside and RGP and can't find a post in regards to adjusting the Trap Door on Funhouse. Everything seems to be working in regards to switches and coils, door fires open and fires closed. The issue is that the door doesn't stay open. The latch doesn't get caught onto the bracket that would hold the door open, from what I can tell.

Does anyone have any tips for adjustments/fixes?

#2 11 years ago

I would look it over and try and figure out if anything is broken or bent.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Having recently shopped out my FH, I took mine out of the game.

It shouldn't require any adjustment. If you take some detailed pics for us, we can probably help sleuth out the problem.

#4 11 years ago

It's catching when the PF is upright... I think that the lobe on the Lift Crank Assembly may be worn to where it's not properly catching on the small bracket assembly. \

Maybe filing that catch to a better point (hook) to give it more bite on the bracket?

I don't really have a good enough camera to catch the kind of detail I'm talking about.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Bomba:

It's catching when the PF is upright... I think that the lobe on the Lift Crank Assembly may be worn to where it's not properly catching on the small bracket assembly. \
Maybe filing that catch to a better point (hook) to give it more bite on the bracket?
I don't really have a good enough camera to catch the kind of detail I'm talking about.

Sounds like you may have to pull the assy to fix it, just snap some pics then, and a few quick circles in paint of the areas you are talking about

#6 11 years ago

I've pulled the assembly quite a few times trying different adjustments to no avail.

Lift_Crank_Assembly_FH_Trap_Door.jpgLift_Crank_Assembly_FH_Trap_Door.jpg Bracket_Assembly_FH_Trap_Door.jpgBracket_Assembly_FH_Trap_Door.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Picture #1 is the Lift Crank Assembly that latches onto the bracket assembly,Picture #2. The only time the lift crank snags the bracket assembly is when the playfield is in the upright position. By the way, the spring is not pictured for the bracket assembly, but it is indeed attached when testing it. Been trying to locate this lift crank assembly over various sites but doesn't seem like its a common piece.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-fh-trap-door-adjustment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.