• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hokus.JPG
coindoor.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I was having a problem that first started out as the backbox lights didn't work. Then the playfield and now the coin door lights dont work. When I turn it on I hit the left flipper button but it doesn't do anything. When I put a credit in the game it starts up and all the scoring works just fine. After checking the fuse block all of them worked but the first fuse and the playingfield lights turn on now. Its a Bally 1975 Knockout and can't find any schematics any where for it. What else can I check or do to fix the lights?

#2 11 years ago

Did you clean the connector that comes off the coin door? If you haven't, I would replace those Bally fuse holders for reliability. I restored a Captain Fantastic and would randomly lose GI until I replaced the actual holder.

#4 11 years ago

What I am looking for when checking it? Do I need to trip it some how or check voltage? I found the long thread about no lights on the "Bow and Arrow". I checked the delay relay and it turned on the timer light and then set the lock relay. The playingfield lights up but not the backbox and coin door lights.

#5 11 years ago

The lock RE, turns on the GI lights, but not the coin door lights. So reading the OP post, you now have PF GI lights? No coin door lights?
I’m using a different schematic, but this should be the same. There are two fuses for GI lights; the coin door fuse has yellow/Black wire one side and Red/Black wire the other side. If the Number of player light or the game over light is working, we can assume the fuse is OK. The next thing to check is the Door plug, over time they stop making contact, try pushing the contact of the Red/black wire (top left wire). With your finger squeeze the underside of the plug. Still not working, unplug and check for continuity, with your DMM set to Ohms, find the Red/black wire (top left wire) and Yellow (3rd from top left wire) on the male plug you should read near 0. If this is ok, check from the R/b wire of the female socket to the R/b wire on the fuse, looking for continuity.

SAFETY TIP – one of the fuses is connected to Mains power, turn off and unplug the machine from the wall while using you DMM, just in case!!

#6 11 years ago

Chris,
I was going after flipper switch not lighting gi.

I agree 100% with your coin door assesment

#7 11 years ago

Quoted from way2wyrd:I was going after flipper switch not lighting gi.

Jeff, in no way was I knocking you; you’re good at this stuff. My thought was the coin door is easy. If we fix this then we have a good starting point for the rest of the GI lights, if still required

#8 11 years ago

might sound a little too simplistic - but make sure the lamps are good
when going through a game sometimes they blow ?

#9 11 years ago

Mukieluk, I think i might be confused as to what the current issue is. Is it the Coindoor lights or the flipper button activating GI lights or both?

I really wich i had the schematic to look at

{EDIT} I think this schematic is too late for this problem. Knockout used the left flipper for GI CF came on immediately with GI

No worries Chris we are both in it for the fix

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Mukieluk:

The playingfield lights up but not the backbox and coin door lights.

I just read this bit on the 3rd post, sounds like the fuse or fuse holder. As the door and Back box, are the same fuse, at least on my schematic.

#11 11 years ago

By contrast here is a Hokus Pokus circuit which is a year earlier 1975 and i think is closer to the knockout as GI are controlled by the lock relay and the fuse for the coin door lights is like Chris described

hokus.JPGhokus.JPG

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

By contrast here is a Hokus Pokus circuit which is a year earlier 1975 and i think is closer to the knockout as GI are controlled by the lock relay

I think this a better one. notice the wire colour change in the 1976 around the fuse.

Bed time 10:30 PM for me, night all

Jeff if you are looking for a great quality Schematic, Bally Wizard is very good and also 1975
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2803
Now I’m off

#13 11 years ago

I changed out the fuse block holder and all the fuses where good. I turned the machine on and I hear the lock relay click but no lights. As I am turning it off the lights turn on for a millisecond. So I tried it again a nothing. I checked all the connection on the door and it did need to be adjusted and cleaned. I tried it again and once more nothing. I messed around with the power switch and got it to start working again. Thank you guys so much for all the help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-em-no-coin-door-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.