• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 50 days ago

Hi

I tried tracking down the issue but I was not successful

So what’s going on

I lock a ball

Next ball loads one - Auto Plunges and a SECOND ball loads as well, so with a single lock the game loads 2 balls

I have tried to replicate this in sw edge test
No hiccups or wild flags each switch works fine

I have also reckoned all the ball through switches and no change

The Sw Opto’s seem to be working fine as when lock is not lit it kicks the ball back into play and also works fine test

Any ideas I’m up for suggestions

Other than this 1 glitch it’s a great playing game all other minor issues where addressed

Thanks

#2 49 days ago

Sounds like trough switches are not reacting. Check 25,26,27 and the outhole 17... but my money is on switch 26.

Be sure to check ALL switches are reacting to a ball (not your finger); this could identify a switch matrix issue.
faz

#3 49 days ago

Hi

I will double check again

But had apron off and everything

I didn’t know if it could be an opto issue on the MPF

I’ll check again later and report back

Thanks

#4 49 days ago

Sorry... I thought you said you had multiple balls being autolaunched.

"Next ball loads one - Auto Plunges and a SECOND ball loads as well, so with a single lock the game loads 2 balls"

Can you clarify this part again? Or better yet, get a video of the action.

If you are having balls ejected from the MPF during multi-player.... or if the balls are staying in the lock holes during multi-player... Both normal (there's an option to do that).
faz

#5 49 days ago

Check to see if the Eject Cam Assembly is binding with the Spring Plate Assembly and Mounting Bracket Assembly (all parts of the Lane Feeder Assembly). My Doctor Who had a similar issue and that was the problem.

#6 49 days ago

Hi

Here is a video

Incase I rambled and mis explained this issue

#7 49 days ago

Yup, that really looks like one of those switches is off. Again, check ALL switches to highlight a matrix issue.

Check page 1-45 regarding switch compensation. That may mislead you thinking a switch is scoring or causing something to light up.

Add switch 48 into the mix of extra scrutiny.
faz

#8 49 days ago

I’ll check it out in the morning

Thank you for your insight on this matter

I enjoy the game but man does it ruin the play when this occurs

#9 48 days ago

Hi

I went over everything again

No real change

It’s intermittent now ... not every game

The switches appear to operate as normal in test under the balls weight

Might just order 3 new white body switches and a new shooter lane to be safe

Any other ideas would be great

Thanks again for your help
James

#10 48 days ago

I will check anything I can

Really dig the game just want her 100%

I’m sure it’s something really dumb causing unnecessary issues

#11 48 days ago

The switch itself is working, just not closing soon enough. Could be dirty, causing it too stick. Wire could be bent to wrong angle. Look at those switches closely. In my experience with those switches, once bad always bad.

#12 48 days ago

I bet if you change the switch you’ll solve the problem. I was having kickback issues with my WCS and I was sure the switch was good because it worked “perfectly” in test. Guess what? It wasn’t good enough. Replaced it and the issue was gone.

#13 47 days ago

Going to just replace all 3 trough and the 1 shooter lane

And I’ll follow up if this squishes the bug

Thanks all

Yes tests vs gameplay is Deceiving as it flows differently

2 weeks later
#14 32 days ago

I have replaced the following switches

Shooter Lane # 17
2 white ball trough # 25/26
1 black ball trough # 27

No change

#15 31 days ago

Make sure the trough eject cam doesn't impact on the trough switch actuator closest to the shooter lane. Sometimes the switch actuator can bind on the cam.

#16 31 days ago

I still think your issue is in these switches. What about switch 48 at the top of the lane.

You said "intermittent". It might be in the fine electronics. Have you checked all the touchpoints to validate your power for each voltage class. Low voltage can cause wonky behavior. I had all kinds of weirdness when my 12V was off. Take a few readings if you can. During the event would be great if possible. The firing of the launch coil may be a further catalyst.

faz

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cincinnati, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside