10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-101.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Friend had a JM shipped in from Trenton. Whole slew of issues came along with it. I won't name the seller.
One was the dmd.
We've checked over connectors, etc

Any thoughts?
image-101.jpgimage-101.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Looks to be outgassing, time for a new display. Does it fill in when on for a period of time?

#3 10 years ago

Out gassing, looks like....

#4 10 years ago

It does somewhat fill in after awhile.

My friend told me its a data east dmd. So obviously it's not original, as seller stated.

He bought it through ebay and seller offered a refund of the pin, but he'd have to ship it back to Trenton. Shady seller if you ask me. Not to mention there was battery acid damage causing resetting of adjustments. He's contacted ebay about it.

#5 10 years ago

Hope the seller isn't a Pinside member. Ebay Buyer Protection will help.

#6 10 years ago

I'm not sure he is, but from what i've been told he's been selling pins for years and had a good rep.

Other than taking the pin back (reshipping the pin BACK to seller just seems like a huge PITA as opens up more issues), he refuses to correct anything. Very upsetting to my friend. Bad business.

#7 10 years ago

Yea that dmd is on the way out . Sorry to hear your buddy got a bad deal . Is the seller paying for the return shipping and giving a refund ? If so send that puppy back .

#8 10 years ago

Not sure of the details. Seller offered to give a refund if my friend reshipped it back. He doesn't want to package the damn thing up, etc. and send back. It's a hassle and I don't blame him.

Seller from Trenton should at least issue a refund for a new dmd. The glove was all banged up too, but that could've been in shipping. AND the battery acid damage on the battery box. My friend was able to clean that off as it was localized to just the battery area that had a separate housing off the board.

Lousy seller.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-dmd-issue-jm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.