Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mstire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

When starting the test mode on my Demo Man I come up with three errors that are giving me a credit dot:

1. #82 Claw "Super Jets"
2. #F2 Flipper Lower Right Opto
3. #F4 Flipper Lower Left Opto

There really is no problem because everything works just fine, as it's supposed to.
I suppose I could just ignore it but it bothers me. No one wants a credit dot.

The claw and elevator are fully functioning, both jets work great and all the flippers work good and strong.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of my dot?

Thanks for any help, Mike

#2 11 years ago

You have to go into the test for each one and run through the test to clear the dot.

Sometimes things like this come up if you have the glass off and are doing things to the game..

For example i took a ball out of the shooter lane without launching it and proceeded to use that ball to test targets and i got a credit dot saying the shooter coil was bad. It obviously wasn't but what was happening was unexpected.

Go into the individual tests for each one and make sure they open/close.

#3 11 years ago

Go into switch edge test, trigger each of those switches. If they work they should clear the credit dot. If they don't work you have some fixing to do.

If they work and the error remains, consider a factory reset to clear them and see if they come back. You will lose scores and any adjustments you altered from factory settings.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

For #1 do you ever pick super jets with the claw? Sometimes when it hasn't been triggered in a lot of games it thinks the switch isn't working. Play a game and drop it in there, see if that error still comes up.

#5 11 years ago

Claw super jets should be the switch over the pop bumpers that the ball falls through when dropped by the claw. Do a switch test and activate the switch yourself to make sure it registers, possible you never drop it down that hole while playing? If so that could also be the reason. As for the flipper optos do you just use the handles when you play and never the flipper buttons? That will give you the same problem. Other wise take a cue tip and clean the lower optos on the flipper boards located beside the buttons on the inside of the cab

#6 11 years ago

Thanks Alex and LTG. I'll try your suggestions tonight when I get home They make a lot of sense. It's good to know this as I'm sure the same thing will happen again someday.

Mike

#7 11 years ago

Pinballsrus and Venom. I think you guys nailed it. I always us the handles and never drop the ball in the Super Jets hole. So once I get the switches cleared and just shake up my play a little bit the credit dot shouldn't come back.

Thanks guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-demo-man-credit-dot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.