• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by knapejor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The left flipper of my Jurassic Park has a problem:

On the flipper board, the output led flashes only sometimes now. When it does, the flipper works fine. When it doesn't, the flipper moves a little, but isn't going up.

Can anyone please help me on how to check what's going on? I'm not sure what I can check, and giving that it sometimes works, I'm confused, might be a cable?

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

The first thing I would do is reseat all the cables on the flipper board and see if that solves the problem. Report back if it doesn't.

#3 11 years ago

That board suffers from faulty fuse clips and cracked solder joints. When the game is off, push down on each fuse - if the clips splay outward, they are bad, and both ends need to be replaced. With the board out of the game, check the solder side of the connectors for tiny cracks around the pins. If you see any, remove the solder and replace with new solder. If I already have the board out, I re-solder the pins anyhow, since you can occasionally miss visual indicators, and it's basically a free repair.

While you are under the hood, I'd go ahead and check the motor control board for the rex and the two relay boards mounted to the bottom of the playfield - I found several cracked solder joints on the rex relay and mine works better than new now.

#4 11 years ago

I've reseated the connectors with no change, I will check the fuse holders and solder joints next then, thanks!

I just noticed that one fuse holder is bad for sure. If it is bad, but still making contact to the fuse, does it fail anyhow?

#5 11 years ago

It might allow some current to pass, but it'll probably be intermittent or weak (or both).

#6 11 years ago

Fixed! Two fuse holders were bad so I changed them. Next I re-soldered the solder joints of the connectors. Many thanks for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-data-east-jurassic-park-left-flipper-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.