(Topic ID: 217239)

Tech: Champion Pub jump rope spinning issue

By schudel5

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jake35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Do you enjoy your CP? I just bought one and waiting on it to be delivered.

Quoted from schudel5:

So I'm looking into an issue with a Champion Pub for someone, and I'm stumped. It's not my game so I'm not sure exactly the start-up sequence the jump rope does at boot up, but I can describe what it's doing and what I've done.
When the game is turned on and the boot up sequence is finished, the jump rope turns clockwise at a steady pace maybe one revolution. When it gets to the 12 o'clock position it speeds up until the 6 o'clock position and then goes at a slow pace until it reaches the 8 o'clock position and stops. I believe this is the normal behavior, but I'm not sure.
Now, about every 5th time the game is turned on it does the above rotation, but when it hits the 6 o'clock position instead of slowing down and stopping it speeds up to a fast rotation and never stops.
Now I found this thread from 4 years ago https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-jump-rope-problem and I've done everything in the thread. I disassembled the jump rope and speed bag assemblies. Checked foam pads and insulation, checked optos and motor EMI board. Everything is good. I replaced the security chip and even the uln2803a at u20. No change.
Not sure what else to do or check. Any ideas?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Immensely! I missed my CP so much when I sold it last year I had to get another one. This game is uniquely wonderful and well designed. One thing you should make sure you do if you don't have it is enable the "Danger Zone". Install the switchgate, plug it in and software will recognize it instantly. Cool mods are Jump Rope floor, (Pinball Decals) Mirror Blades, Color DMD.

Sounds cool. The one I just bought has color dmd and mirror blades, and I just got the laseriffic topper.

Where do you find the switchgate? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jake35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-champion-pub-jump-rope-spinning-issue?tu=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.