11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Trastion
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trastion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Ok I am not really sure how to explain this. I am finishing up my Pinbot restore and have everything back together but I cannot get the door controls to change the setup. If I press the advance button, with the back/forward in either position, it goes to "Music Test". I can then use the credit button to go through the music test but I cannot go to any other test or audits.

I thought it was the buttons on the door because I had to solder a connection back on it so I took the door off another machine and it did not help. I assume that means that the problem is somewhere not on the door and in either the wiring or a board somewhere. Problem is I do not know where to even look for something like that.

Please help!
Thanks.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. I will try this tonight. I am just hoping it is something simple.

#4 11 years ago

ok I have continuity on all of the wires that go to J14. I got it to work once and tried to check the origional door and it didn't work again. Switching back to the F14's door it still did not work. I cannot even put credits on it when it is not working right. I found if I mess with the wires near the connector that I can get credits (and I assume setting buttons) to work. You definitely got me on the right track I just need to check all the other wires that go to the door I think.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Check and reseat all the connectors. You can lightly tug on each wire that goes into the connector. They often get loose and will easily pull out if that's the problem.

Yeah I figured out that the problem is the connector that the door plugs into. Nothing seems to be loose or pulled out of it but I found that if I put pressure on it a certain way that I can use the switches to make my changes.

I am not going to worry about fixing it right now since I know how to make it work.

thanks everyone for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trastion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-cannot-advance-setup?tu=Trastion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.