(Topic ID: 116409)

TECH: Bride of Pinbot TM:Bop, Remote battery box required?

By erikthecat

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150116_105915_resized.jpg
20150116_105750_resized.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I'm on a roll.
whilst i'm messing around with 'the machine', should i replace the existing cell with a remote battery box? This looks to be factory fitted? Do Ni/Cd battery's leak like Alkaline batteries. Has this machine just been lucky?

thanks,

Gary

20150116_105750_resized.jpg20150116_105750_resized.jpg 20150116_105915_resized.jpg20150116_105915_resized.jpg
#2 9 years ago
Quoted from erikthecat:

This looks to be factory fitted? Do Ni/Cd battery's leak like Alkaline batteries. Has this machine just been lucky?

I've never seen a factory fitting like that before, and yes, Nicads can and do leak. The solders on that look a bit too dodgy to be factory i would think. On my machine i went with a NVRAM, never have to replace batteries again, they wont hold time and date but all other settings and high scores remain in the system and you can then BLISSFULLY forget about changing batteries every 12 months

#3 9 years ago

cheers for that, any pointers to NVRAM kit?

Gary

#4 9 years ago

I'm just taking a guess, but I don't think its factory either. My BoP board was 3 double A (and your first pic looks like it was as well) and the soldering definitely looks like someone soldered that battery in there. I personally did the solderless remote battery from Marco and love how simple it was to put in.

#5 9 years ago

solderless sounds good to me too
typically, how long would 3 x 2800mAh NiMh 1.2v take to charge, and discharge?

Gary

#6 9 years ago

The solderless remote adapter from Marco requires you to have a 3 battery holder on the board. So in this case, it would still require soldering. NVRAM kits are considered the best option on the market (that I know of) and at this point it would probably be best to go this route.

I personally don't know how long this battery would take to discharge, I am sure someone else on the forums will be able to answer that question for you though.

#7 9 years ago

These boards had a charging circuit?!???!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from erikthecat:

cheers for that, any pointers to NVRAM kit?

They can be bought from a few places (all in the US that i'm aware of)
www.lockwhenlit.com
www.pinballlife.com
www.marcospecialties.com
to name 3, it's quite possible there is a distributor in the UK though.
I've bought spares from all 3 above and have found them all to be great to deal with, i would think the price will be fairly similar for all 3 also. Main difference may be postage charges!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-bride-of-pinbot-tmbop-remote-battery-box-required and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.