(Topic ID: 45952)

TECH: Blackout is starting a 2-Player game when start button is pushed once

By ChadH

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creepykenny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

sorry for the 4 year old necro-bumpage here

but from reading thru the RPG postings this problem is related to the green label game code - i am having this same issue also with a Blackout and it is definitely not the switch #03 start leaf switch since i have verified it will do this when the switch 2J2 & 2J3 harnesses are un-plugged and a jumper is used to activate the switch matrix # 03 thru the pins on the board, it still will start a two player game with a single touch and if you do touch the pin two times it will sometimes start a 4 player game

i can see how if the machine was not in free play this may not even be noticeable but when credits are abundant it is a problem because you can only start a 1 player game about 50% of the time - the other 50% are 2 player starts

has anyone found a cure or reason why some machines do this and not others?

#6 6 years ago

am thinking that if i take it out of free-play with zero credits add a leaf switch under the existing credit / start switch and use that to add credits maybe i can force it to start single player games

but i should probably pull the existing roms and verify the check sums first maybe there is an error

#8 6 years ago

am going to check the board mounted pull up resistors, caps & voltages for both lines later this week when i get back to this machine

will also try to locate the thread/posts you speak of ...

#11 6 years ago

stopped by today and replaced all missing grounding screws from all backbox mounted pcbs, inspected and tested continuity of the ground plug - OK there, then replaced the diode on the eject hole coil

so far i have started 5 single player games in a row with out a problem - not a large enough sample to say it is fixed so will keep testing / playing

btw, i had already replaced the credit switch diode, cleaned & adjusted its leaf switch and inspected the harness for shorts .. oh, and repaired some wiring hacks done to the coin door

#13 6 years ago

decided to replace diode on the eject hole switch and check its gap as well, have gone from very rarely starting a single player game to now starting a two player game with only one push of the credit button maybe 1 out of 20-25 or so games

since it still occasionally does this i haven't found all of the culprits - yet, never give up never surrender

4 weeks later
#14 6 years ago

ok so now the jury has reached a decision .... game was used in the tourney at SFGE this year and did not have a single 2 player start so we can call it fixed / repaired

parts used: 3 diodes, several screws for the pcb mounting plate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creepykenny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-blackout-is-starting-a-2-player-game-when-start-button-is-pushed-once?tu=creepykenny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.