10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Excalabur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Excalabur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Can someone post/PM me the switch Matrix/lamp matrix for Big Hurt? The local arcade has gone and lost their manual for the game, and I suspect that their problems are not just the various switches.

Second, the right loop diverter is not working. The ball always is sent to the pops/Big Hurt saucer, rather than being sent around the orbit. Due to other issues the coil test isn't working, so I don't know if this is an issue with the coil, with the logic controlling it, or the diverter itself.

#2 10 years ago

Time-zone-independent bump.

#4 10 years ago

Coil test fails due to flippers being amongst the switches not registering, making it impossible to run the coil test . I'm thus not sure if the diverter fails due to not working (likely) or due to software never wanting to move it (seems wrong).

The list of switches known to be borked includes the left and right orbit opto, left and right outlanes, left and right flippers, left scoreboard. Right scoreboard is flaky, but works in switch edge. There's also a collection of lamps not working, but I don't remember them offhand.

I'm trying to diagnose the issues offsite as a helpful customer, as the arcade in question is keen but their technicians don't really understand pinball. If I can point them at exactly what to fix, it'll get fixed, so I want to figure out exactly what's broken: hence the desire to get the switch and lamp matrices.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks.

Yeah, running through the diagnostics without the flippers is... challenging. Thankfully you can still get to a few of the useful tests, and the in-game use of the flippers is minimal.

Pinwiki has a surprisingly useful section on gottlieb system 3, so that's helping. I kinda want to kidnap this machine and nurse it back to full health: I guess I should just buy my own projects, though.

#7 10 years ago

UPDATE:

Ok, back to the arcade today. Got the staff to crack the machine and had a poke around. The switches that are out are all on strobe #8, so there's the place to concentrate. Time to read up.

#9 10 years ago

There's an assortment of lamps out, though some of them were due to techs literally not noticing a bunch of bulbs being out. Presumably the ones on strobe 8, but hard to know without the matrix (and/or working flippers )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Excalabur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-big-hurt-switch-matrix-right-loop-diverter?tu=Excalabur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.