(Topic ID: 39122)

TECH:: BIG GUNS> Coils fire with flashers.

By Anim8ormatt

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinheadpurdy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpurdy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I am having the same problem with my System 11C Rollergames. When three of the flashers fire, each one of them triggers a separate coil at the same time. Flasher #5 fires VUK, Flasher #6 fires Drop Targets, and Flasher #7 fires Cabinet Knocker. The coils work separately when they're supposed to and do not fire the associated flashers. I have 8 month old main power board, aux power board and interconnect board. When I disconnect the flashers from the interconnect board, the problem still happens. Any thoughts? Did you fix Big Guns? Thanks!

#7 4 years ago

That relay appears to only control GI lights. I did some diag anyways and swapped it for the relay that controls the back glass illumination in the back box and it behaved the same. I unplugged that relay completely and the GI's drop out and the flashers and coil misfires happen in the same way.

#13 4 years ago

Thanks guys, I suspect the Relay on the Aux Driver Board as well, I'm just in disbelief that I have two totally different Aux Drivers that have failed in the same way. Is it possible that something is causing these A/C relays to blow?

Grumpy - yes you are right, it's flasher #4 that's linked to the VUK and 5 is unused. The OP hasn't come back yet, I just hijacked his thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marshfield, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Garden City, NY
$ 21.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpurdy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside