Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinballwiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just picked up a Batman Forever and the lower playfield GI is not working. It was working fine when I picked the game up. Last night I was able to get them to come on by moving the wires to connect CN5 - this morning they came on at power up and then went out shortly after starting a game. I unplugged and re-plugged the connector several times as well as checked the fuses - still nothing. I'm looking for suggestions on where I should look next. Great game BTW.

#2 10 years ago

Is the plug brownish or very dark brown in color showing heating issues? Better yet can you post a pix of it. Plug and pins, a shot of the pins with the plug removed as well.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is the plug brownish or very dark brown in color showing heating issues? Better yet can you post a pix of it. Plug and pins, a shot of the pins with the plug removed as well.

I didn't think the plug looked brownish, but I will try to get some pics later when I get home.

#4 10 years ago

Sounds like you need to repin that female connector, possibly replace the male pins on the board as well or reflow them at least. Get some .156 molex trifurcon connectors, a new female molex .156 connector, a crimping tool if you don't have one already and cut old wires at the base of the old connector, strip, crimp and reconnect. That should solve your issues.

This will help if you've never done it before: http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

#5 10 years ago

Does anyone know if CN5 is the correct connector? The plug looks really good with no brown/burnt color. I just want to make sure I'm concentrating on the correct connector (which I may not be). Thanks.

6 months later
#6 10 years ago

My Batman Forever has the same issue. Can someone please let me know which connector the Lower GI is on? Which wire? I don't have a manual and the online one is horribly blurry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-batman-forever-lower-playfield-gi-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.