Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5427 (resized).JPG
IMG_5428 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Have a strange issue on our Batman Forever - all three lock switches in the Batcave aren't registering. Multimeter confirms continuity to the back box. Machine had been working without a hitch...any ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Where are you measuring continuity in the back box? And are you measuring from all three switches separately?

#3 3 years ago

To CN8? I believe that should be correct?

Thanks for the help btw, it is very appreciated!

IMG_5427 (resized).JPGIMG_5427 (resized).JPGIMG_5428 (resized).JPGIMG_5428 (resized).JPG
#4 3 years ago

Are you sure the wires are pushed in fully and making good contact? Insulation has been cut?

Can you put your multimeter on the pins of CN8, not the connector, and see if there is continuity?

#5 3 years ago

Also, is it possible to short CN8 to CN10 on the board without the connectors to see if the switches register in test mode? That will tell you if it is a board or playfield issue.

Mind you, I’ve done this on older games and not more modern, but I assume it would work equally well .....

#6 3 years ago

It'll be a few days before I'm at the machine again, but will definitely test these things out. Thanks!

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

Hello . I had the same problem. i think i know the mistake. test the contacts with the ball. let the ball run through at the top of the cave and watch / hear whether the contacts actually close! I suspect that your microswitches no longer close completely during the ball runs. I would replace all 3 micro switches.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from brunorusso:

Hello . I had the same problem. i think i know the mistake. test the contacts with the ball. let the ball run through at the top of the cave and watch / hear whether the contacts actually close! I suspect that your microswitches no longer close completely during the ball runs. I would replace all 3 micro switches.

Yep, that was it. What's strange is in switch test mode, those switches don't register immediately. They register after a second or so. But then I discovered the first lock switch was flakey so I'm going to replace that. Thanks for the help!

#9 3 years ago

nice, I'm glad that I could help. and also with me the switches in the test mode have a delayed reaction. but I think that's normal. i would replace all three micro switches!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-batman-forever-lock-switches-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.