(Topic ID: 92625)

tech: bally time zone 2 player, need make 25 cents 1 credit. SOLVED!

By silver_spinner

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BallyCoin.JPG
#1 9 years ago

ok right now as it is when you drop in a quarter is gives 2 credits.
this is a 2 slot coin door. from the manual, there were some games with 2 slot coin door, and some with 3 slot coin door.
i need to make it 1 credit for a quarter.
there is no "1st coin chute adjustment" jones plug in the machine that the schematics show. im assuming that is for the 3 slot version.
there are only jones plug adjustments for 2nd and 3rd coin chute.
both located in the inside left of the coin door on panel bottom.
does anyone have this game and know what to do?
thanks

#2 9 years ago

Typically, the left coin slot in a two slot coin door was either 1 coin 1 play (a US Dime) or 2nd chute adjustment (shares the same adjustment selected by 2nd chute). A 3 slot door might have been designed for nickels, dimes and Quarters (US market). The left slot would be for nickels usually requiring 2 for a credit which might be done by the use of a stepper unit (like a score reel without the plastic reel attached).

However, in the case of these 1 coin 1 play, it always meant that the game merely energized the coin relay thereby instantly starting a game. There was no available adjustment to put only 1 credit on the replay reel.

So, there might be a jones plug down there that has a single pin and only two possible positions - 1 coin 1 play, or 2nd chute adjustment. And, you would install the quarter hardware on the left side of the door and block the other slots. This is how Tim does most of the games at the PHOF in Vegas. If he still does it, he then used the right hand slot for the Susan B Anthony dollar coin for a bonus value (like 5 plays for $1).

#3 9 years ago

there is not a single jones plug with 2 positions in there except for the "2nd coin chute adjustment" and another 2 position plug with single jones that is for giving an extra ball or credit when you get a certain score.
that's the issue, there isn't one for a "1st coin chute adjustment".
schematics shows one, but its not there. as i was stating, i believe schematics is for 3 slot door set up.

#4 9 years ago

When you insert a coin in Chute one, the SRC Motor runs?
Check the wiring from Chute one, make sure it is not piggy backed to the other chute.

#5 9 years ago

it appears it is picky backed, well a few wires are...not all of them.. the only relay that energizes if a quarter is put into either of the 2 slots is the 3rd chute relay. there is a white/blue wire and a white/black wire that is in the middle of the coin door wound up. for giggles i unwound them and stripped the wires and touched them to see if another relay would fire and nothing happened.

#6 9 years ago

move the pin on the 2nd coin chute adjustment to the 1 position. that should change from 2 replays per coin to starting or resetting the game only, or adding 1 credit only.

#7 9 years ago

Nope that doesnt work. No matter any position it gives 2 credits.

#8 9 years ago

ok try this. unsolder and disconnect the w-r (white-red) from the 3rd coin chute relay coil, using a alligator jumper , connect jumper from the white-red wire to the coin relay coil grey wire. this should make the right coin slot reset machine. block off the left coin slot.

#9 9 years ago

I just pulled out the supplemental coin chute drawing from a Space Time packet.

Coin door types 1, 2 and 3 (all are 3 chute doors) all have the first coin chute hard wired to the COIN relay (instant start). The coin switch wire, beside the common yellow is White/Blue.

Type #4 is a 3 chute door with an adjustment for 1st coin chute for 2 coins 1 play or 1 coin 1 play (Nickel/Dime/Quarter).

The final door Type #5 is a 2 coin chute door WITHOUT any adjustment for the 1st coin chute. Unlike the other doors, the Left coin chute is wired using all three lugs of the coin switch (like the far right chute in every door) and can only be 1 coin 2 plays. While they refer to only LEFT and RIGHT coin chutes, the schematic ONLY has a 3rd coin chute adjustment (2 through 6 plays). In this case, the left coin switch has wire colors: Yellow( Common), Red/White (Normally Closed) and White/Red (normally open). Right chute is wired: Red/White (Common), White (Normally closed), White/Red (Normally Open).

When my camera battery is charged, I will snap a photo of it.

#10 9 years ago

Here is the photo.
BallyCoin.JPGBallyCoin.JPG

#11 9 years ago

correct cactus jack. mine is the 2 slot version, no adjustment. i did figure out how to make it work though. there was a white/blue wire and a white/black wire in the middle of coin door wound up, never used. i thought both were the same color until i looked real close...a little while ago.. i took my chances and ran the white/blue to the spot that was jumped between both coin door switches that i assume went to the 3rd coin chute adjustment. that wire made the "coin relay" work (no number by it). and now its 25 cents for one 1 play. when a quarter is inserted it starts the game right away not puting a credit on the wheel. After it resets and ejects the ball into shooter lane, then you can drop in a second coin if 2 players are needed.
thx everyone

5 years later
#12 4 years ago

silver_spinner do you still have this game? Can you send me a photo of the inside of the coin door?

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasanton, CA
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-bally-time-zone-2-player-need-make-25-cents-1-credit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.