Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Finally got around to working on my SF. The game had heavy acid damage on the CPU when I bought it so I purchased a NOS replacement board. I installed the board and after cleaning and reassembling the playfield played a few games. There were no issues until the game locked up about 15 minutes in. A reboot at this point shows 8 flashes on the board instead of 9. The 9th flash: "verifies operation of the Phase A switched ill. voltage. Note: F4 fuse on the power module provides the phase A signal to the control board. (U1, 6803) (U11, 4011) (U12, 14584)". The F4 fuse is correct according to the manual. Once it cools off you get the normal 9 flashes and it plays fine until 15 minutes or so goes by. Then it locks up again. What should I be looking at?

Steve

#2 10 years ago

No help out there?

#3 10 years ago

Almost 24 hours with no replies. I'm losing my faith in Pinside.

#5 10 years ago

Before messing with the boards, verify power connectors. Not too familiar with 6803, but they must use the switch illumination crossing zero to time things. Maybe the connector pin going to the MPU is cracked. Or perharps the connector pin leaving power board is cracked.

Could try clipping a meter lead on the MPU test point for that switched illimination voltage it uses and see if drops out when the game locks up. That will help narrow down your focus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-bally-special-force-cpu-lock-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.