(Topic ID: 35071)

TECH: Ball not flowing smoothly from inlane to flipper ...

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191206_173128 (resized).jpg
20191206_170946 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cozmos001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

I'm giving advice as to what work for me please be careful when doing this because you don't want to crack any of your Plastics.

At first I thought about putting plastic in Lanes in the oven for about 15 minutes at 275 to soften them up and bend them back into shape but then I thought what if I used the same method I used when I fixed my Hocus Pocus machine when I noticed one of the posts were loose. Why not use a shim? In this project I remove all four screws from the the end Lane and switched left with right so that new plastic Square on either side then in the first hole closest to the flipper I put a flat toothpick at 6 position perfectly vertical with approximately one-quarter in poking up from the hole as a shim when I inserted the screw at the 12 position so that the shim would keep the screw forward. As I was screwing the screws down to the in Lane I kept forward pressure on. I used firm pressure but careful not to break anything. I tightened all screws down and ran the ball down and finally it has been repaired!! Now I can get my loops flowing as it should!. I hope this helps anyone else who had the same problem because without a smoothinlane/flipper transition the game sucks. Good luck to you all here are some photographs I took along the way

20191206_170946 (resized).jpg20191206_170946 (resized).jpg20191206_173128 (resized).jpg20191206_173128 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cozmos001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-ball-not-flowing-smoothly-from-inlane-to-flipper?tu=cozmos001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.