(Topic ID: 50444)

TECH: Ball getting stuck at top of right ramp on Stargate ...

By gweempose

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chrisnack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN5835.JPG
Stuck_ball.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Every once in a while, the ball will get stuck at the top of the right ramp after it is kicked out of the VUK. There is a little dip in the wireform where the ball settles (see photo). Unfortunately, it is impossible to dislodge it without tilting the game. Has anyone experienced this problem on their Staragate, and if so, how did you fix it?

Stuck_ball.JPG

#3 6 years ago

I have not had this problem. But looking at your photo it looks like the top part of the end of the wireform is bent down too close to the bottom. I'm too lazy to pull the glass off for a better picture - here's one from the top. On mine, the end of the wireform is pretty much the same distance apart as it is from the first brace there. I'd try bending that up and making it more parallel with the lower wire (if that makes sense.)

viperrwk

DSCN5835.JPG

#4 6 years ago

Thanks! I'll check mine out to see if it can be adjusted. How does one go about bending a metal wireform without scratching it?

#5 6 years ago

Problem solved!

I used some washers to raise the back of the ramp. The wireform is now at a slightly steeper angle, so it is impossible for the ball to come to rest there.

2 years later
#6 3 years ago

I have the same issue, however mine is getting stuck just behind the optic sensor. It also appears to be hitting the bracket for the optic sensor and it's dented/bashed in on the top of the bracket. Any ideas?

#7 3 years ago

I just wanted to post how i got my ramp fixed for others.

I heated up the ramp to bend it back, it basically had a divot from all the years of the ball coming out the chute. Then I tack welded it so it would sit flush with the side piece, it was down about 1/16" and wouldn't bend back when clamped or compressed in a vise.

Then it was working so well sometimes it would go back down toward the shooter lane, so i bent the scoop hood a little bit and to the left (when standing in front of machine) to help direct the ball.

Works great now, haven't seen it get stuck yet.

#8 3 years ago

Took the rear playfield apart to clean and swap some bulbs. Issue is back now. Tried some washers and still not resolving. Will report back once i figure out how to fix it again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Hill, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spring, TX
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside