• Latest reply 5 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Aladdins Castle score reel (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

My neighbor's #Aladdin's Castle has a strange reset issue I've never encountered before.

During the reset sequence, the bonus stepper continuously tries resetting in bursts of 5 steps. And the player 2 100's reel cycles 5 steps at a time and doesn't stop on zero, thus the score motor continues to run since the machine isn't seeing zero... Switch stack 2 on the score motor is the only stack that cycles five steps each 1/2 rotation of the motor, so I know somewhere between switch stack 2, the bonus unit, and the player 2 100's reel is the problem.

The 100's reel switches make and break as they should during the cycle with the top switch making when the reel hits zero. The reel doesn't stop on zero though. I manually set the score reel to zero and tried another reset to no avail, it just starts cycling again.

Not sure where to start poking around.

Thanks in advance!
-Steve

#2 5 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#3 5 years ago

Ballys tend to have score motor problems; I would carefully clean the contacts on that switch stack.

#4 5 years ago

Here are relevant bits of the schematic on ipdb.org.
Aladdins Castle score reel (resized).jpgAladdins Castle score reel (resized).jpg
While the score reel is spinning and not stopping at zero, is the Score Reset relay or the 100 Point relay pulsing too? The Score Reset relay seems more likely. If that's the case the switch in the middle red box is closing and sending pulses to the 2nd Player 100 score reel. The switch just below it before the score reel should open at zero. Yours may not be opening or you may have a short on the solder tabs or somewhere else.

As for the Bonus Unit trying to reset repeatedly, what is the Bonus Score relay doing? Is it active too?

/Mark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-aladdin-s-castle-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.