• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R&B Pinball Cab Photos - 012 - Playfield Hat Trick Targets (NOS condition).jpg
2013-06-17 17.53.39.jpg
2015-04-21 23.54.21.jpg
2015-04-21 23.55.45.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FirebrandX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Are you talking about the rubber on the south side of the lane to the Mystery hole? That rubber there is to rebound the ball into the Mystery hole when the ball comes spitting out of the pop-bumper area.

It would actually help a lot if you could take some pictures of the spots you are unsure of, and then I can tell you how it's suppose to be.

#4 8 years ago

Both are correct. The long rubber in the first pic is to give bounce to the ball. If you're lucky and the ball hits it just right, it will send the ball into the mystery hole. There's about a 30% chance of this on my machine when the pop-bumpers spit the ball down there.

The 2nd example I also switched to star posts. The rubber between them (missing in your pic) prevents the ball from hitting the ramp and lights there on the right.

Lastly, I'm sure you can see the nail there in the 2nd pic, and these were last-minute fixes by Data East to correct ball-trapping flaws in the design.

BTW be sure to SAVE those metal posts that you swap out for star posts. They are no longer made and cannot be found anywhere online.

1 week later
#7 8 years ago

I just secure mine with a short screw that extends enough to thread a nut on the underneath. Here's a pic from a machine that was supposedly factory mint, and it looks like just a simple screw without a nut was used:

R&B Pinball Cab Photos - 012 - Playfield Hat Trick Targets (NOS condition).jpgR&B Pinball Cab Photos - 012 - Playfield Hat Trick Targets (NOS condition).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,900 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FirebrandX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teardown-photos-of-rocky-bullwinkle-needed?tu=FirebrandX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.