Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R&B Pinball Cab Photos - 012 - Playfield Hat Trick Targets (NOS condition).jpg
2013-06-17 17.53.39.jpg
2015-04-21 23.54.21.jpg
2015-04-21 23.55.45.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I'm in the middle of doing a full stripdown and refurb of my Data East Rocky & Bullwinkle.

During the process i've found rubbers placed in places that don't make any sense, for example there is one which runs between two posts just near the entrance to the Mystery Award hole. It makes no sense because the path of the rubber is actually mirrored by one of the ball guides too.

Does anyone have any photos taken during a teardown which shows the position of the various support posts please?

If so i'd love to see them as it might clear up some confusion i've got regarding what goes where. I've checked the manual and as is often the case i'm not sure that's entirely accurate either.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Are you talking about the rubber on the south side of the lane to the Mystery hole? That rubber there is to rebound the ball into the Mystery hole when the ball comes spitting out of the pop-bumper area.

It would actually help a lot if you could take some pictures of the spots you are unsure of, and then I can tell you how it's suppose to be.

#3 9 years ago

I think we're talking about the same place Firebrand.

Just seemed a little odd as there's also a ball guide running the exact same route as the rubber. Now obviously I realise that the guide isn't bouncy so perhaps it's meant to be this way.

Here's how the posts look on mine.

2015-04-21 23.55.45.jpg2015-04-21 23.55.45.jpg

Also, between the pops there are a couple of posts which had a rubber between them. I think these are correct but i'm going to swap them out for a couple of red star posts.

2015-04-21 23.54.21.jpg2015-04-21 23.54.21.jpg

I'll try to find the photos of the other areas I had in question.

#4 9 years ago

Both are correct. The long rubber in the first pic is to give bounce to the ball. If you're lucky and the ball hits it just right, it will send the ball into the mystery hole. There's about a 30% chance of this on my machine when the pop-bumpers spit the ball down there.

The 2nd example I also switched to star posts. The rubber between them (missing in your pic) prevents the ball from hitting the ramp and lights there on the right.

Lastly, I'm sure you can see the nail there in the 2nd pic, and these were last-minute fixes by Data East to correct ball-trapping flaws in the design.

BTW be sure to SAVE those metal posts that you swap out for star posts. They are no longer made and cannot be found anywhere online.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips Firebrand - i'll be sure to keep them somewhere safe.

I've pulled the nails out for now as i'm doing a full shop-out on my machine. The entire thing is getting stripped, cleaned and then put back together.

Debating whether to strip the mylar at the moment and have it clear-coated instead.

I'll post up most pictures of the playfield and the questions i've got soon.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Ok, here's another one.

This photo shows a horrible hack someone had done to my R&B. The outer loop gate is held in place by a screw which has actually been screwed into the playfield in a position where it shouldn't be.

I've removed this and used a nut and bolt to secure it only to the plastic for now; but i'd be interested to see how it's fixed on other peoples machines. Anyone else got photos of this part they can share?

2013-06-17 17.53.39.jpg2013-06-17 17.53.39.jpg

#7 8 years ago

I just secure mine with a short screw that extends enough to thread a nut on the underneath. Here's a pic from a machine that was supposedly factory mint, and it looks like just a simple screw without a nut was used:

R&B Pinball Cab Photos - 012 - Playfield Hat Trick Targets (NOS condition).jpgR&B Pinball Cab Photos - 012 - Playfield Hat Trick Targets (NOS condition).jpg

#8 8 years ago

Thanks Firebrand.

My playfield has been stripped down now so I plan to have the hole left by that long screw filled in and touched up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teardown-photos-of-rocky-bullwinkle-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.