(Topic ID: 195158)

"Team-up" on Surfer / Surf Champ plastics set?

By SkyKing2301

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

right_side_plastic_needed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

TL;DR -- does anyone need some (but not all) Surfer / Surf Champ plastics? We could split the cost of a full set, because I only need a few too. Reply or PM me!

I recently picked up a Surfer. The plastics are in great condition except the right slingshot (A-16106-R) and small right triangle (A-16104). Left slingshot (A-16106-L) has a little warping that I can live with, but I might replace if the price were right.

A new set is $54 on PBR, but I'd rather not purchase an entire set when I only need two or three. So, I wondered -- maybe if someone(s) else needs some of the OTHER plastics, we could go in together and split the cost of the full set. Let me know!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm in need of the one above the drops

Ok great! That's one more accounted for. Who else is in?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I need a right sling plastic.

That's the primary one I'm after, so that's not going to help.

Quoted from pinhead52:

of course the new plastics will not match the rest... just saying

Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, you need to replace as a set for them to look right.

This is certainly something to consider too, so if there were enough interest in the other pieces I could always buy the new set and then sell the leftover used (intact) ones (for less than new). My current ones look great with hardly any yellowing, so we'd have to see how bad the mismatch was. And even if there was some mismatch, an intact but mismatched one would would probably still look better than a broken or missing one!

1 month later
#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I just picked up a Surf Champ and need this right side plastic. Does $10 + shipping sound fair? I can pay via PayPal. I'm in for the group buy if that is still an option.

Hey now, Pecos, that's one of the two I'm after -- small right triangle, A-16104. Been unavailable for a few days (hurricane craziness), so hopefully you didn't snatch it out from under me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-up-on-surfer-surf-champ-plastics-set?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.