2ekdt5 (resized).jpg
2ek7lm (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
fonzie-jumps-the-shark (resized).png
2A2EB8C8-5F14-4467-AC2F-8C1C776C9C42 (resized).jpeg
23154857_537535726588962_963075730342596239_o.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 5 years ago

Since the other thread seems to be dead already, I'll repost:

Congratulations to them.

They're all much more talented, honest people than their former employer (Heighway) ever allowed them to demonstrate.

Good to see they already have games built.

Not 100% sure on keeping numbers so limited, but I guess it depends on price / margins.

Best of luck.

Quoted from Tilt:

Sorry Joe if I am wrong, and with you being a distributor, im not going against you. just that the number I came up with is based on this paragraph in the pinball news article
"Producing small quantities of machines denies any manufacturer the benefit of quantity discounts, while building the games in the UK also means none of the cheap labour rates available in other parts of the world. However, the team think the suggested retail price of £6,750 ($8,785/€7,544) reflects the boutique, hand-built nature of the machines and the limited number they plan to make."

The article should be corrected. The author has just converted the £ price to € / $, and that £ price includes 20% VAT. That's obviously not applicable to non-UK / EU markets. Hence the $7500 from PinballStar. The € price should also reflect what ever European distributors are going to sell it for.

Price is a little high, but 10% of the run has already been built. So at least for the first adopters, this is remarkably unlike any boutique pinball operation before it, in that there is no wait at all. The run is limited, so it should sell out.

I've no idea what their margins are, so couldn't possibly say if £5500-5750 (rather than £6750) and a run of 200 would be better. But it seems inherently more risky, given that they'd need to sell a lot more, and they're assembling them all by hand.

I'd be surprised if they don't either sell out, or sell at least 90. I'd guess a minimum of 30-40 will sell in the US ... so it's not a particularly tall order to make up the rest.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

So this is where Alien money went?

Rather the opposite.

The rumours of various staff having to take legal action to get paid or be reimbursed for expenses etc etc were neither just rumours nor the result of 'disgruntlement', as Andrew would have you believe.

Why'd you think the staff / contractor turnover was so high?

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Good luck to 'em, but I wouldn't buy this as (IMO):
- Too expensive. Would it be cheaper to relocate the company in Hungary and make it there (serious question)? Two out of the three founders of this company are Hungarian so it could be done. Plus the UK is leaving the EU soon so it will be economically fucked and tariffed out of the Single Market.

I too wondered this. They started work before the referendum vote though, and a long time before a [catastrophic] no deal exit looked likely.

Importing parts will be a total nightmare if there's a no-deal or we exit the customs union. Aside from the additional paperwork for stuff coming from the EU, ports and customs warehouses at air terminals will be totally deadlocked; probably for a long time, until a new customs clearing system is up and running in 5-10 years.

I would think that for any subsequent titles, Hungary would be looked at.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The Mafia's lockdown bar isn't plastic.

But why let that get in the way of a good vendetta?

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You've got 6 pages of the market talking here dude. Read the Pinball Magazine article. It's pretty clear on the intended market. The damn thing is the playfield is printed on plastic. They could retheme this more easily than if it were a traditional playfield. They could probably even tweak the design of the playfield itself without too much trouble. They can be stubborn about it or they can listen to the market. As is? I suspect they are going to crash and burn.

That's not the market talking. The market talks (or doesn't) in numbers of units sold. You might be right if the 10 they've built remain sitting in their office for a long while.

I suspect they will not, however.

4 weeks later
#296 5 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live

Gameplay being streamed live now.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The Mafia's lockdown bar isn't plastic.

For those who were curious, this was put to bed in the Q&A earlier.

It's metal foil wrapped MDF.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I mean, the layout seems somewhat similar to TNA but TNA does have a decent number of shots. This layout just appears to have a lot of wasted space.

It has 'wasted space' only in so far as the EM games it emulates had wasted space. It's intended to be simple. If and when they move on to a second machine, it's likely to be more complex ... something like Breakshot or TNA or early solid state style.

#304 5 years ago

I would imagine they *hope* to sell 100, since that's what they've limited numbers to.

I don't think any of the initial batch are going to individuals - only distributors ... so I guess they will have a better idea of how many they'll sell once the distributors have taken them to shows or potential customers have seen them, and what demand will be like.

#305 5 years ago

Some things covered and questions answered so far:

- It has a wizard mode.

- Janos intends to add a new mode to the code for every 10 they sell.

- 2 have left them so far. 1 to RS in Austria Pincycle . 1 to Sweden (maybe Free-Play.se ?).

- 3 will go to the US next week. 2 to PinballSTAR and 1 to Nitro @flipperfreak.

- The above will be taking them to shows in US / Canada. Including Expo.

- Romain will be present and representing them at Expo, unsure if Janos or Oti will be.

- I believe the others of the initial batch are spoken for, but not yet shipped.

- Said the reason they did cabinet speaker only and no backbox speakers is that it's a true backglass, not a translite, and they didn't want to do speaker cutouts in it.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That reads like "if we don't sell all the games, we won't finish the code", which probably isn't the case. Needs some framing.

Basic code seems pretty complete, if you've been watching. It doesn't look like there are a lack of objectives.

If he added another 10 modes, I doubt anyone would ever get close to completing all of them in a single 3 ball game.

He's already talked about things he intends to change anyway, with mode balancing, lighting, sound and bug fixes.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Nitro moved to the US?!? Cool!!!
“All your [Canadian] base are belong to us!”

Nitro now sell to the US ... Janos said 3 were going to the US next week, 2 to PinballStar and 1 to Nitro. As far as I know, Nitro may get stuff shipped into the US, or ship US bound stuff from the US.

As far as both HW and DP stuff was concerned, I think Nitro's stuff went to CT first ... so I assume the Nitro stuff is indeed going to the US.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-pinball-mafia-just-revealed?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.