2ekdt5 (resized).jpg
2ek7lm (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
fonzie-jumps-the-shark (resized).png
2A2EB8C8-5F14-4467-AC2F-8C1C776C9C42 (resized).jpeg
23154857_537535726588962_963075730342596239_o.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onthesnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago

Looks like a super nice easy to play pinball game.. both my kids 6 and 10 are 1000% more into playing TNA over my other more in depth pins. Even DI. I actually think they nailed it as a first pin, with very low complexity, modern components, and a simple family friendly theme.

Machine gun bumpers, the bank, tablet sized screen in black and white newspaper.

I could see this pin really resonating with collectors with young family. Or in a place like golf land or other Arcades with lots of kids. It just needs a ticket dispenser.

I think the whole thing is genius outside the box thinking.

Yeah it misses the mark completely for us hardcore pinheads. But who cares. It exisits to widen the pinball audience and I think it does so pretty masterfully. While also being within the scope of accomplishment for a new company with limited staff and labor.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

The Mafia is a family friendly theme?

Yes completely imo..

#63 5 years ago

TNA is a hit with my family, yet the theme is about killing the world in the future with bombs.

It’s family friendly based on implementation. No need to dig below the surface.

This pin to me is extremely appealing from a young or new pinball perspective.

Don’t get me wrong. Personally I’m obsessed with IMDN and breaking 500M and beating the modes. But I feel I get this pins purpose. And appreciate it

#71 5 years ago

Yep modern days kids are pretty wrapped into modern culture. My 6 year old wants to be a ninja.

#137 5 years ago

You guys miss the point., to a lot of collectors cost doesn’t matter. This company will produce between 10-100 machines and stop.

They will easily sell that many. They aren’t trying to be Stern or Spooky. Just limited runs made in their spare time as they have day jobs.

If they only sell 20 they are happy.

#251 5 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

The theme is cool and at the end of the day I guess it would be fun but $8000? The playfield, a cheep cutout overlay, no silkscreen or clearcoat. The cabinet is just decals, no silk screening at all, butt-jointed corners. The apron is plastic. The lockdown bar is plastic. The upper ball rail is plastic. A single speaker under the playfield, I think? Or no speakers. Raspberry Pie MPU with a Chinese power supply. I'd give you $2000 for it. And that's being conservative. This is the fakest pinball machine I have ever seen. Like something Toys"R"Us would sell if Toys"R"Us where still in business. And you didn't even have to pay for a licence... lol Should have never posted pics of this on this website. What a scam. And I though Stern pinball machines were cheap, This thing makes Stern machines look like Ferrari's. I can clearly understand the cost of a start up company but this is something else. I can't imagine the cost per unit being more then $1200. Just comes off as trying to "cash in" on the current market IMO.

Ouch. Well they built 10. If they don't get orders, they won't build more. And if the first customers are negative about it, they won't get a second wind of orders.

But ultimately they are still not that deep in debt:
1) This is still their hobby and they have day jobs
2) They have a system now, and can tackle a more competitive table design
3) They just invested in making 10 machines. Which is like less than what most of us pinheads have in our private collections

So to me, even if Mafia fails, the new company is in good shape to tackle something more appealing for the second pin.

But yah - they will need to quit the day job and work like hell to make something truly "collectible"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onthesnap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-pinball-mafia-just-revealed?tu=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.