2ekdt5 (resized).jpg
2ek7lm (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
fonzie-jumps-the-shark (resized).png
2A2EB8C8-5F14-4467-AC2F-8C1C776C9C42 (resized).jpeg
23154857_537535726588962_963075730342596239_o.jpg
There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 5 years ago

I’m glad someone had the courage to bring back the spinner shot into the pops we all loved on those early bally and Chicago coin EMs

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I mean, the layout seems somewhat similar to TNA but TNA does have a decent number of shots. This layout just appears to have a lot of wasted space.

It has 'wasted space' only in so far as the EM games it emulates had wasted space. It's intended to be simple. If and when they move on to a second machine, it's likely to be more complex ... something like Breakshot or TNA or early solid state style.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It has 'wasted space' only in so far as the EM games it emulates had wasted space. It's intended to be simple. If and when they move on to a second machine, it's likely to be more complex ... something like Breakshot or TNA or early solid state style.

How many do they hope to sell of this game?

#304 5 years ago

I would imagine they *hope* to sell 100, since that's what they've limited numbers to.

I don't think any of the initial batch are going to individuals - only distributors ... so I guess they will have a better idea of how many they'll sell once the distributors have taken them to shows or potential customers have seen them, and what demand will be like.

#305 5 years ago

Some things covered and questions answered so far:

- It has a wizard mode.

- Janos intends to add a new mode to the code for every 10 they sell.

- 2 have left them so far. 1 to RS in Austria Pincycle . 1 to Sweden (maybe Free-Play.se ?).

- 3 will go to the US next week. 2 to PinballSTAR and 1 to Nitro @flipperfreak.

- The above will be taking them to shows in US / Canada. Including Expo.

- Romain will be present and representing them at Expo, unsure if Janos or Oti will be.

- I believe the others of the initial batch are spoken for, but not yet shipped.

- Said the reason they did cabinet speaker only and no backbox speakers is that it's a true backglass, not a translite, and they didn't want to do speaker cutouts in it.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Janos intends to add a new mode to the code for every 10 they sell.

That reads like "if we don't sell all the games, we won't finish the code", which probably isn't the case. Needs some framing.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That reads like "if we don't sell all the games, we won't finish the code", which probably isn't the case. Needs some framing.

Basic code seems pretty complete, if you've been watching. It doesn't look like there are a lack of objectives.

If he added another 10 modes, I doubt anyone would ever get close to completing all of them in a single 3 ball game.

He's already talked about things he intends to change anyway, with mode balancing, lighting, sound and bug fixes.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

- 3 will go to the US next week. 2 to pinballstar and 1 to Nitro flipperfreak.

Nitro moved to the US?!? Cool!!!

“All your [Canadian] base are belong to us!”

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Nitro now sell to the US ... Janos said 3 were going to the US next week, 2 to PinballStar and 1 to Nitro. As far as I know, Nitro may get stuff shipped into the US, or ship US bound stuff from the US.

As far as both HW and DP stuff was concerned, I think Nitro's stuff went to CT first ... so I assume the Nitro stuff is indeed going to the US.

#310 5 years ago

This looks like a simple and fun game. It's more polished that I thought it would be. It kind of has a "Saturday morning cartoon" vibe.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

We actually do have a beercade showroom in the US (Marysville, WA), and distribution warehouse. Yes! We’ve sold out to the US!

94397B47-9C31-4A20-8D38-7CE3CA610A15 (resized).jpeg94397B47-9C31-4A20-8D38-7CE3CA610A15 (resized).jpeg
#312 5 years ago

I played this at UK Pinfest, and have to say that I really enjoyed it, much more than Thunderbirds which came across as amateurish in design.

It played really well and stood up to 3 whole days playing without fault at all (unlike Houdini and Thunderbirds).
The ball movement and geometry was well thought out and it played well. It definitely played harder being new and shiny with all of the rubbers being super bouncy, not sure if the gameplay will fall down once the ball slows up somewhat.

2 months later
#313 5 years ago

PinballSTAR Black Friday discounts :

Team Pinball / The Mafia
Open show game used only 2 days : #4 Founders Edition (one of first 10 with plaque) Originally $ 9,000 - $ 1,500 Black Friday discount = $ 7,500 In Stock
Standard Edition NIB $ 7,500 - Production starting in January
Only 20 total to be made ! Own this rarity.

Email Joe at [email protected] !

#314 5 years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be up to 100 made?

#315 5 years ago

Check out Mafia at Flipout 2018 in Melbourne this weekend

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Check out Mafia at Flipout 2018 in Melbourne this weekend

Can’t wait!

2 weeks later
#317 5 years ago

http://teampinball.com/

500 Internal Server Error

Has someone killed off their Pi Webserver?

#318 5 years ago

no server crashed, too many people placing orders.

#319 5 years ago

from Pinballstar (the one for sale)

"Final note there are only 10 Founders Editions and there will ONLY be another 10 Standard Editions made EVER - so a total of 20 Mafias will exist. Want something that will be rare ? This is it !"

so no more 100 as it was planned, doubt there will be others...

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

from Pinballstar (the one for sale)
"Final note there are only 10 Founders Editions and there will ONLY be another 10 Standard Editions made EVER - so a total of 20 Mafias will exist. Want something that will be rare ? This is it !"
so no more 100 as it was planned, doubt there will be others...

I doubt they will sell the first 10! Sorry for this price the build quality was Extremely lacking. Made Thunderbirds look like a JJP build.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I doubt they will sell the first 10! Sorry for this price the build quality was Extremely lacking. Made Thunderbirds look like a JJP build.

too bad the price range was not around 4000. At this price, they could have sell some, maybe lose some money but get credit for another pin where they could have been profitable.
Didn't know for the build quality and feel but today's market expectation is hight since the pins are trageted for homes...

#322 5 years ago

How many have sold so far? I kinda feel bad for these guys crashing and burning so hard on this, but the price point is straight up suicidal given the cheap feel of the game.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its better than TAG but only just. Hmm for a 3 shot game this is going to be tough to sell.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How many have sold so far? I kinda feel bad for these guys crashing and burning so hard on this, but the price point is straight up suicidal given the cheap feel of the game.

They didn't 'crash and burn so hard' because they didn't overextend themselves. Mafia was more of a feasibility study with a proof of concept, done on a small enough scale that if they did miscalculate the first time, they have the chance to try and learn from it with another attempt that can get the balance right. Making shitloads of money with Mafia wasn't the primary goal. Making the platform was.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its better than TAG but only just. Hmm for a 3 shot game this is going to be tough to sell.

Having played both machines a fair number of times, there is absolutely no comparison between the 2 games.

TAG is just an awful game to play, and everything on it looks and sounds cheap and nasty.

Mafia played and felt like a pinball machine should, and was enjoyable to play, not just a great first effort, a great game, IMnsHO.

#326 5 years ago

LOL its only got 3 shots, the left and right loop and the centre... Tell me how thats a great game?

#327 5 years ago

Nice try though...

Here are some actual facts:

Alien Star has 4 shots, and it's a great game. 5 if you count the pops, and I would not, as they are never an objective for scoring. I count the entire long target bank as 1 target. (Everyone has their own counting system, so I'm explaining as I go) Alien Star has the fewest shots in all of pinball.

Most games have 7-9 shots. I count 8 in Mafia. (If you wanted to nitpick, and if the two stand-ups near the center shot have the same value... you could call this a 7-shot game.)

(I count a shot as "something to do" not an actual target face itself -- thus a bank of 7 standups = 1 shot in my book.)

-mof

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/07/21/team-pinball-revealed/

#328 5 years ago

For the record, I would MUCH rather try out Mafia than most moderns.
If the programming is there to make good use of the 7-8 shots, then it could be a very fun game.
I hope to see one some day.
-mof

#329 5 years ago

'Shots' are no stand ups rather loops, vuks, saucers and ramps... Sure you might consider stand ups a 'shot' but yeah have fun shooting those over and over. I did forget the captive ball so make that 4. Well if you think this is a great game then I am sure you would love hitting the moving standup on TAG and the captive ball on the left. Oh what fun. You clearly are an SS/EM lover which is fine and if you wanna fork out the $$$ for Mafia which is way over priced then go for it. Given the level of games made these days, Mafia is far far far behind. Compare it to JJPOTC and let me know whos put in more effort. Have fun shooting those loops!

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

For the record, I would MUCH rather try out Mafia than most moderns.
If the programming is there to make good use of the 7-8 shots, then it could be a very fun game.
I hope to see one some day.
-mof

Your making an assessment on a game you haven’t seen or played? The primary issue of Mafia is not how many shots it has it’s the overall package. When you see and play it in person you will understand Clearly! This game and its construction are Far below that of a Stern home model. Generic Playfield with a plastic overlay for art, you have to play it with headphones (the only way they let you play it) as it sounds like an old transitor radio, cabinet is built like an IKEA DIY, animations are beyond basic, audio is a mind numbing loop, heck they couldn’t even get the plunger mech right it’s simply some star posts in the rail to hold the ball. To be blunt at $9,000 they are crazy and it’s a blatant insult the the pinball market they would dare pitch this as RARE. $3500 maybe as a kids first pin but this game is just plain embarrassing. Hmmm, POTC JJP or a rare IKEA box with a lights and a headphone jack. Pass

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

you have to play it with headphones (the only way they let you play it) as it sounds like an old transitor radio, cabinet is built like an IKEA DIY, animations are beyond basic,

wow crazy... sounds really like a toy

4 months later
#332 4 years ago

Come play The Mafia at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth ! 1 of only 2 in the USA !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

0180304A-FFD0-409A-A754-D4047023DA7B (resized).jpeg0180304A-FFD0-409A-A754-D4047023DA7B (resized).jpeg0BA0BBEB-83D6-47A8-8CA8-470CECF0A706 (resized).jpeg0BA0BBEB-83D6-47A8-8CA8-470CECF0A706 (resized).jpeg
There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-pinball-mafia-just-revealed/page/7?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.